• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a link the the Minnis Fresco. I'll try to get other fabrics up later this week. Our flash just blew out and can't take anymore pics right now. The colours are corrected and fairly accurate.

Minnis Fresco:
Suit MTO - 2 Piece, Half Canvas - $895 CAD (Approx $715 USD).
Jacket MTO, Half-Canvas - $695 CAD (Approx $560 USD).
MTO Trouser $269 CAD (approx. $215 USD). MTM Trouser $349 CAD (approx. $279 USD)

MTO is based on the fit block of the Model 2. You can advise us of what changes/adjustments are required. We can slope/square shoulders, rotate sleeves. We can only increase/decrease shoulder width by 1 cm total. Further tailoring/Alterations are not included in MTO.

http://imgur.com/EEo0iP4

http://imgur.com/0mK5lor

http://imgur.com/62KwVp2

It is preferred that you try or have tried a Model 2 jacket and advise adjustments from there. If possible, send pics of wearing a model 2 from the front, back and side along with your order.
It is possible to work strictly off measurements, but again, we cannot offer returns/tailoring or alterations on MTO items.

PM me to place orders for the time being.

As always, if you have any questions, I'm here to help.

Regards,
Rick
That is not much of a shoulder modification! I guess if you can modify everything else it's easy enough to work around though.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That is not much of a shoulder modification! I guess if you can modify everything else it's easy enough to work around though.

More then that, then you'll be in MTM. The armhole, chest cross, back cross have to be modified, which affects the sleeve,etc. A lot more work. That is where the difference lies really.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More then that, then you'll be in MTM. The armhole, chest cross, back cross have to be modified, which affects the sleeve,etc. A lot more work. That is where the difference lies really.
So to be clear you can modify everything but just the shoulder is limited? Or only the shoulder can be modified in MTO?

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick, do you have these swatches in the downtown store? Can I swing by, try jacket, pants, make order?

greyduck

Reaction score

Gentlemen,

We have release our new Casual Oxfords. No interlining in the collar. Locker loop. Contemporary is cut 1" shorter to better wear as an un-tucked length.

Same great cloth. Same C3-K collar.

http://www.spierandmackay.com/casual_shirts

Are these new OCBDs more versatile in the sense that they work better casually and you can still wear them in a business casual environment? Basically when would someone wear this one and when would someone wear the non-casual model? Also, any particular reason why the length was only shortened on the contemporary and not the slim fit?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So to be clear you can modify everything but just the shoulder is limited? Or only the shoulder can be modified in MTO?

You can modify the chest, waist, hip, sleeve length, body length, sleeve width, lapel width, shoulder style, shoulder slope/square, square back and any other alteration you can normally do on an OTR suit. Plus you can tinker with pocket style, vents, chest pocket style, button stance, functioning cuffs, button front (1 button, 2 button, 3 roll 2, 3 roll 2.5, etc), lining preference (no lining, 1/4 lining, 1/2 lining). Also you can request canvassing style. Half as default, Full +$150 CAD, fully unstructured (for casuals and weighty fabrics), soft canvassing is a default or more structured.

Rick, do you have these swatches in the downtown store? Can I swing by, try jacket, pants, make order?

Everything is in the shop. You can try everything there and get fitted.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
MTO can you do vests? If so, double breasted? Also, if so, what would the cost be? @spiermackay

We can do double breasted vests. They start at $150 for our stock fabrics which were posted a few months back. I'm trying to get a link on our site to get everything in one place. I should hopefully have that by early next week.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are these new OCBDs more versatile in the sense that they work better casually and you can still wear them in a business casual environment? Basically when would someone wear this one and when would someone wear the non-casual model? Also, any particular reason why the length was only shortened on the contemporary and not the slim fit?

The new casual ocbd has no interlining. Its a softer more relaxed construction. The contemporary was shortened by 1" to better wear untucked. The slim was already 1" shorter than the contemporary.

Johnsson

Reaction score
@spiermackay Rick,

Thanks for taking the time to post accurate photos. Do you know if these Fresco swatches correspond to the older books that a lot of people on this forum are familiar with? Did the index numbers just change or are they completely different suitings and new colours?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Rick,

Thanks for taking the time to post accurate photos. Do you know if these Fresco swatches correspond to the older books that a lot of people on this forum are familiar with? Did the index numbers just change or are they completely different suitings and new colours?

We have the North American Books. Most people look at the website and pull the numbers from there, which are the numbers from the European books. From what I was told, the colours are pretty much the same. Not sure why they did that. That said, you can order pretty much anything from the Huddersfield site as well.

Johnsson

Reaction score
We have the North American Books. Most people look at the website and pull the numbers from there, which are the numbers from the European books. From what I was told, the colours are pretty much the same. Not sure why they did that. That said, you can order pretty much anything from the Huddersfield site as well.

Thanks Rick.

Based on weight, composition and saturation, I'm guessing:

104322 = 0520
104347 = 0516
104348 = 0517

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads