• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My buddy in Florida got his polos yesterday and even ordered his a day after me, mine aren't even scheduled to arrive until next Tuesday. Canada Post you are killing me lol.

Canada Post is slow, but they are the most cost effective way to ship in Canada. We've looked into pretty much all the alternatives, but the rates CP offer in some cases are more than half the nearest competitor.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canada Post is slow, but they are the most cost effective way to ship in Canada. We've looked into pretty much all the alternatives, but the rates CP offer in some cases are more than half the nearest competitor.

It's all good, he sent me pics and now I am getting antsy to try them out. I think size wise based on his info I might fall between sizes M and L. My best guess is that I need the chest of a L but the shoulders, waist, length and sleeves of the M. I ordered medium, might need to change to the large and try to shrink them but we'll see when they arrive.

He did mention that he was very impressed with the shirt collar style, construction, and fabric.

gbandi

Reaction score
Can u please post real life pics of the linen colors from the shop. I would love to order the indigo but it looks too saturated.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can u please post real life pics of the linen colors from the shop. I would love to order the indigo but it looks too saturated.

Pretty sure this is the Indigo from a post a while back.

This will most probably be the collar for the 100% Irish Linen shirts. We're leaning to Button Down Collar, Front Placket, Left Chest Diamond Pocket, Rounded Cuffs and No Pleats.

Last question: Do we cut them shorter to wear untucked?

RaggedyDandy

Reaction score

Pretty sure this is the Indigo from a post a while back.

Here's the indigo one I just picked up earlier today, with a couple of Sharpies for colour reference. Lighting for photo and viewers monitor are two big variables, but give you an idea of it in the real world...

RaggedyDandy

Reaction score
Jeans and some lightweight summer chinos. Have to look at it against both pairs (tan and stone), but likely both.

Also picked up the mauve, and two polos (navy, black).

edit: as I said as well, monitors make a big difference in the colour you see. Looking at it on my phone which took the photo, and on the monitor on my desk, and having the shirt in front of me, the phone is closer to reality, and the blue shown above is a little more saturated than it is looking at the actual shirt. It IS indigo, however, which implies a bit richer colour anyway.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here are the 3 colours taken on my phone and colour corrected as best I can in photoshop. The indigo and light blue are very close to reality, the mauve is slightly more saturated in real life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads