• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CO335d

Reaction score
Just ordered some shirt collar polos. I will report back once they arrive.

Spex

Reaction score
Didn't want to go too crazy with the polos until I evaluated the fit...so I only ordered 3 (navy, white and light grey). Since the total was only $90, I had to find something else to reach $100 to qualify for free shipping. $15 sage green chinos for the win!

Reaction score
It's running smooth for me, not slow at all.
Also, @spiermackay any chance I could get an update on my MTM order? Anxious to get some new shirts. 15018 is the #

flvinny521

Reaction score
It's such a cruel joke when you excitedly open a new email from Spier & Mackay, only to discover it's an advertisement of a new sale instead of a shipping notice on your MTM order.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's such a cruel joke when you excitedly open a new email from Spier & Mackay, only to discover it's an advertisement of a new sale instead of a shipping notice on your MTM order.

The order status "received" emails get me everytime I'm waiting on shipping confirmation haha.

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status on those OTR linen shirts? I'm halfway around the world and compulsively checking this thread whenever I get WiFi just to be sure I haven't missed the drop since I wear a common size.

Spex

Reaction score
Received my 3 polo shirts in the mail today, along with a pair of the sale khakis.

First impressions on the polos:
The fit is quite good, although I've come to learn that it's worth waiting until after a wash or two before really commenting. Brand new, out of the bag they are quite slim, but not tight. I do hope that the neck and shoulder width tighten up a bit after a wash, but not a problem as they are. Sleeve length is great, not too long nor too short. At first I thought the shirt length was too long, until I realized that with the dressier shirt collar I may be wearing these tucked in, in which case the length is great.
The material feels substantial and high quality. I was a bit disappointed at first that the buttons were resin and not shell, however they do look really nice.
The collar is great. In the photos I thought it looked a bit small, but in real life it's a good size. With three buttons, I will likely wear these with the first two unbuttoned.
I wasn't completely sure about my color choices, but I think I chose wisely, with the navy being good for all mid to light colored pants, the white being a bit more formal and refined (perhaps a good look under a navy casual sport coat) and I think the light grey will get a lot of use with dark denim.

Finally a comment on the khakis. The fit is very slim, a bit more casual than I would wear at my office, but otherwise they fit me perfectly! I'm glad I read the size chart, though and went with a 33 instead of my usual size 32. The material is super light weight. They were a good buy at $15. Will get a lot of summer use, probably with the navy polo.

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Measurements are accurate in my experience. I wouldn't tuck a shirt in, I wear my 3 pairs casually with tees and untucked shorter length shirts like the Spier madras shirts. So yes, rise is too low Imo. I take a contemporary fit in the Spier trousers but for these I quite like the slimmer fit (and lighter weight since I live in the south) . Looking forward to the next iteration.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Received my 3 polo shirts in the mail today, along with a pair of the sale khakis.

First impressions on the polos:
The fit is quite good, although I've come to learn that it's worth waiting until after a wash or two before really commenting. Brand new, out of the bag they are quite slim, but not tight. I do hope that the neck and shoulder width tighten up a bit after a wash, but not a problem as they are. Sleeve length is great, not too long nor too short. At first I thought the shirt length was too long, until I realized that with the dressier shirt collar I may be wearing these tucked in, in which case the length is great.
The material feels substantial and high quality. I was a bit disappointed at first that the buttons were resin and not shell, however they do look really nice.
The collar is great. In the photos I thought it looked a bit small, but in real life it's a good size. With three buttons, I will likely wear these with the first two unbuttoned.
I wasn't completely sure about my color choices, but I think I chose wisely, with the navy being good for all mid to light colored pants, the white being a bit more formal and refined (perhaps a good look under a navy casual sport coat) and I think the light grey will get a lot of use with dark denim.

Finally a comment on the khakis. The fit is very slim, a bit more casual than I would wear at my office, but otherwise they fit me perfectly! I'm glad I read the size chart, though and went with a 33 instead of my usual size 32. The material is super light weight. They were a good buy at $15. Will get a lot of summer use, probably with the navy polo.

Glad you are happy with them! RE: Buttons, it wasn't feesable for us to use shell on this run. Our quantity couldn't justify it, or it would spike the price. Resin is the standard, until you really get into "luxury" level of polos like Sunspel or the like, but the jcrews, lacoste, RL are all resin.

These will shrink up approx 3% in a warm water wash and dryer, so should fit really great after that, length and all. They were designed around this fact. If you prefer no shrinkage, cold water and air dry will yield close to zero shrinkage.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Status on those OTR linen shirts? I'm halfway around the world and compulsively checking this thread whenever I get WiFi just to be sure I haven't missed the drop since I wear a common size.

They just arrived in our warehouse last night. I'm getting them unboxed, inventoried today hopefully have them up to go by tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads