1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Having a problem viewing shirt pics on the website. Almost all the shirt pic images are broken. I can see them when I click on quick view though.

2. Spex

Spex Senior member

Doesn't the pre-order sale end on Sunday or Monday? Perhaps the concern was being able to see the jackets in person on time to place an order at the sale price.

3. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

On the phone with my server team as I type this.
    Edit. Fixed.

That's fair for the folks who live/work close to that shop. We can extend it for a week in the shop as I did mention I was going to run these down, which may have caused some to wait.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  4. An Acute Style

Struggling to find a third shirt. Definitely getting the light blue bengal stripe and green bengal stripe. Do I need a navy blue bengal stripe? Really wish it was royal blue.

Edit: I'll just wait for the uni stripe OCBDs. Problem solved.

5. spiermackay

1 person likes this.
  6. An Acute Style

1 person likes this.
  7. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Sorry if you already answered this somewhere Rick, but went back a few pages and didn't see anything - are you guys getting in any RTW suiting from the new factory in October, or just sport coats?

Also, do you know if the new factory is amenable to replication in the MTM program? Was thinking if I come in to do an MTM suit I might just bring in my favorite pair of trousers to be copied, rather than having them made according to my measurements.

8. spiermackay

Suits as well from them.

Replication is easier than working off body measurements, so not a problem.

9. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

@spiermackay In anticipation of my incoming shirt, I'm checking out fabrics for a new order. Is there any difference between MT-999 and MT-1049?

10. spiermackay

Basically the same fabric, just different stock lot numbers. Could be a minor variation in the shade from lot to lot.

1 person likes this.
  11. spiermackay

Gentlemen, we're going to be running a test program of OTR Thomas Mason cloth shirts.

In anticipation of this program is there any particular fabrics you want to see?

What we have in mind is to start with some safe CBD and work out from there. So Solid twill, Royal Oxford, Bengal Stripes, End on Ends. We're aiming to get an OTR price on these of $135 CAD, so after bundling would be $126 CAD or approx. $96 USD which will pretty much the best value OTR in TM available. These will include our Thick MOP buttons and Unfused collars.

2 people like this.
  12. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

Will you be extending the collar length of the semi-spread collar?

13. spiermackay

Most likely. We want these shirts to be distinct from our regular offerings.

1 person likes this.
  14. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

If the collar is slightly bigger, the better! This way, it'd sit better under the lapels!

On a side note, would love to see you guys one day offer a more luxurious line of shirt (once your customer base widens enough) with premium fabrics and some distinctive accents, such as hand stitched and slightly shirred sleeve. A bit like what SuitSupply does with its Red Line.

1 person likes this.
  15. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Senior member

You can do this with their MTM already. I usually get MOP buttons with crowsfoot stitching, but you can get a fully Neopolitan-style shirt if you wanted.

16. Spex

Spex Senior member

When I go custom I've typically ordered the semi-spread with a slightly longer collar - 3.35" specifically. This tucks nicely under jacket lapels and is in line with my preferred tie and lapel width. I believe it's also the point length of my Kamakura spread collar shirts and BB button down collar length. I like to be consistent.

Edit: I meant 3.25". I believe the stock semi-spread is 3 1/8. Small difference, but hey...when going custom you can be this picky!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  17. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

How long does it take to get custom shirts if measurements have already been taken previously?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  18. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I've always ordered button down and wide spread from SM. Since he increased the points from 3 inches to I think 3 1/4, it fits under the jacket perfectly.

19. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

@spiermackay I think I may need to start sizing up to 16" neck on my shirts, it looks like the next step up from 15.5 contemporary would probably be a 16 slim for me. Are the arms/armholes still as slim on those as they were a year or 2 ago? I don't have huge arms but those shirts felt like they would pop at my biceps, which was part of why I moved over to contemporary. I'm tempted to order a shirt in 16 slim and give it a try again.

20. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

@spiermackay Just curious as to whether the website redesign will also simplify of sorting custom fabric by weight.