• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big fan of how the new shorts turned out and hope you plan on doing another run of them in the future with additional colors. Bonobos was previously my go to for shorts but not only do I like these more but they're less expensive.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big fan of how the new shorts turned out and hope you plan on doing another run of them in the future with additional colors. Bonobos was previously my go to for shorts but not only do I like these more but they're less expensive.
Ok so that is the first feedback I've seen on the shorts. Good to know.
Will grab a couple.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fit pic or it never happened

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you tell us more about what you were a fan of?

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit pic or it never happened

Apologize in advance for my pasty chicken legs and it's surprisingly hard to take a good fit picture of shorts so I had to get a little creative.

20190623_145042.jpg 20190623_145128.jpg

The material is just the right thickness for shorts in my opinion while still being pliable and soft to the touch. Material feels a hair thicker than my bonobos shorts. Front pockets are especially deep, ending just a couple of inches above the leg opening. Double button on the waist feels more secure than the sliding clasp and I like that the contemporary fit has a slightly higher rise than my other shorts. Overall, they're just well done and the bundle pricing especially is a very solid value for the quality in my opinion.

Last edited:

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone with the lightweight oxfords confirm that post-wash the sleeve length matches the tagged length exactly?

Just trying to determine this factor before ordering.

dluce76

Reaction score
This look is incredible. I wonder where you were headed out to. I sadly can't get past the pants being too sheer and returned them. But this is making me reconsider

@pickergc

I keep looking at multiple people's pics of the cream linen suit, and on all screens (my phone and computers) they seem different colors. The jacket seems more yellow-cream and the trousers more white-cream.

Is this just me/my phone/computer?

Or is it a figment of the non-lined trousers showing the white skin underneath compared to the jacket showing nothing? I notice the trousers are fairly see through.

pickergc

Reaction score
@pickergc

I keep looking at multiple people's pics of the cream linen suit, and on all screens (my phone and computers) they seem different colors. The jacket seems more yellow-cream and the trousers more white-cream.

Or is it a figment of the non-lined trousers showing the white skin underneath compared to the jacket showing nothing? I notice the trousers are fairly see through.

I'm with you, and I didn't notice it until @induere_to posted right after I did. I went back to my post to see if my jacket was the same, and sure enough the jacket does look different.

In the flesh, to me, it's not noticeable. More often than not, I plan to wear as separates so I'm not too worried about it. Though, hopefully wearing as separates doesn't exacerbate the issue when worn together.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cannot reiterate enough how absurdly amazing the SM Neo base is for MTM. It’s light years ahead of the typical outfit. Amazing stuff.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@pickergc

I see it too, it's jarring.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
Can anyone with the lightweight oxfords confirm that post-wash the sleeve length matches the tagged length exactly?

Just trying to determine this factor before ordering.
I just washed, hang dried, and ironed one of the light oxfords today, and there was a very very small sleeve shrinkage, probably less than a quarter of an inch. The sleeves, as well as cuffs did get just a tad trimmer as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads