• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mlstein

Reaction score
Am I recalling correctly that lightweight but long chinos are expected? Rick, any idea on an ETA? I have a birthday cheque burning a hole in my pocket....

Raw

Reaction score
Just put a non-S&M BD shirt, collar length circa 3 5/8", happy with current collar roll. I am curious to see some C23 collar roll. Anyone with knowledge of cotton linen fabric?
Maybe I haven’t had enough coffee this morning but I’m struggling to follow. Are you saying you have a non S&M shirt that you want to use as reference for the collar? What exactly are you looking to know about the cotton/linen fabrics?

I’d be interested in seeing some IRL shots of the c23 as well. Got my recent order of two of the new bengal stripes and a Soktas stripe all done up with the c22. Really digging the c22 but I’m entertaining the idea of trying out the c23 on my next order (which won’t be for a while).

MellonC

Reaction score
A question about Minnis fresco fabric vs VBC fresco fabric. I see one is 300gsm vs the other at 240gsm. For the summer (like 100 degrees and above), is the lighter fabric the better choice? Or is it the other way around given that the it's an open weave? As a reference I see that the linen/silk mixture comes in around 290gsm....

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A question about Minnis fresco fabric vs VBC fresco fabric. I see one is 300gsm vs the other at 240gsm. For the summer (like 100 degrees and above), is the lighter fabric the better choice? Or is it the other way around given that the it's an open weave? As a reference I see that the linen/silk mixture comes in around 290gsm....
I don't run hot, and live in a windy part of the world, but my experience is feeling cooler in the Minnis than the VBC outside. A bit better blow through from the more open weave is the cause., so inside I don't notice much difference.

roostertailedcow

Reaction score
Maybe I haven’t had enough coffee this morning but I’m struggling to follow. Are you saying you have a non S&M shirt that you want to use as reference for the collar? What exactly are you looking to know about the cotton/linen fabrics?

I’d be interested in seeing some IRL shots of the c23 as well. Got my recent order of two of the new bengal stripes and a Soktas stripe all done up with the c22. Really digging the c22 but I’m entertaining the idea of trying out the c23 on my next order (which won’t be for a while).
No morning coffee for me either hence the confusion. Breathability is my main concern about cotton/linen : nowadays, I am in a weather like 24% and 70~80% HR and no A/C.

So much roll that you can surf on it, indeed. 😍 Many thanks.
Soon the paycheck 😁

dinted voice

Reaction score
No oos email and shipment notice within 48 hours even after the shirt sale. Not bad!

mothon

Reaction score
Just received my first Spier and Mackay products. I purchased the polos in navy and white and the tobacco linen suit. I really love the cut on the jacket 38r Slim fits like a glove, no alterations needed. I sized down to a 30 on the pants since they no longer offer 31 and they are too tight in the thighs and slightly to tight in the waist. Do you guys think I should just let out the waist and thighs or should I order a 32?

chatelet

Reaction score
Just received my first Spier and Mackay products. I purchased the polos in navy and white and the tobacco linen suit. I really love the cut on the jacket 38r Slim fits like a glove, no alterations needed. I sized down to a 30 on the pants since they no longer offer 31 and they are too tight in the thighs and slightly to tight in the waist. Do you guys think I should just let out the waist and thighs or should I order a 32?

View attachment 1197150

View attachment 1197152
Order a 32 or go contemporary fit in the 30. Having tried myself to let out the thigh, it will still be tight.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Jacket looks great. For the pants I would personally go for the 32 and then alter them as you need to.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.