• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cartwright

Reaction score
Sweet ! First IRL photo posted of this beauty. I was beginning to wonder if anybody had bought one— although my size has been SO for a long time.

If anybody has a 44L they aren’t sold on, PM me.

Yeah I was surprised I hadn't seen it posted - it's a beautiful jacket.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks OF. I actually did see this post earlier and maybe I can ask a follow up to narrow down my size. I know that you have at least one BB Blazer and I am wondering if you take the same size in your SM suits /jackets. If I am 42R in BB, is that my TTS with respect to SM and I would take a 42 in the top coat? Any comments on the quality and/or warmth of the coat? It looks nice on you and the price is right. Thanks.

So, surprisingly, I don’t own any Brooks Brothers jackets (at least I don’t think I do...probably a sign I should scale back my closet). I’ve tried on a bunch of Brooks jackets and am a solid 38R in everything except Milano (which I refuse to buy- my Milano fit shirts fit me almost like bespoke, the jackets and pants are laughably skinny/shrunken). I wear a 38R in S&M and it’s a perfect fit, aside from being slightly short in the body for my tastes.

I bought the overcoat in 38R- I think a 42R in the topcoat would fit you similar to how it fits in my picture. The caveat I would offer is that I like my clothes fitted- the overcoat has room for a suit jacket underneath, but probably not a Harris tweed and Shetland sweater. I would’ve had space for that had I sized up to 40, but I wanted the option to wear it with just a sweater I derneath without it looking oversized.

Thilgela

Reaction score
Can someone post the drago medium blue neapolitan sportcoat IRL? I have a very similar dark blue sportcoat in pure cashmere and found it too delicate and attracts dust too easily.

Trying to see if the color difference is enough to justify the purchase.

Thanks!

dluce76

Reaction score
So, surprisingly, I don’t own any Brooks Brothers jackets (at least I don’t think I do...probably a sign I should scale back my closet). I’ve tried on a bunch of Brooks jackets and am a solid 38R in everything except Milano (which I refuse to buy- my Milano fit shirts fit me almost like bespoke, the jackets and pants are laughably skinny/shrunken). I wear a 38R in S&M and it’s a perfect fit, aside from being slightly short in the body for my tastes.

I bought the overcoat in 38R- I think a 42R in the topcoat would fit you similar to how it fits in my picture. The caveat I would offer is that I like my clothes fitted- the overcoat has room for a suit jacket underneath, but probably not a Harris tweed and Shetland sweater. I would’ve had space for that had I sized up to 40, but I wanted the option to wear it with just a sweater I derneath without it looking oversized.

And to add on, I sized up in this exact coat and absolutely love it. But, I always wear it over a jacket, and most of them are of the heavy flannel/tweed variety (it's New England winter).

That said, if I had a "perfect" size jacket, I take the shoulders of a 46 but the chest of a 47 (if they made it) and the waist of a 45 (if they made it). So I'm an in-betweener but 46 suits my needs with slight alterations (or even none, depending on factory tolerances/fabric). Which is why I might really like the size 48 overcoat.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been really eyeing the Navy Chalk stripe lately. Still available it quite a few sizes, i really should've bought it during BF

Suits_or_Death

Reaction score
Going to check out, but the shirt bundle price isn't reflecting. Anyone else experiencing the issue?

Edit: Nevemind, it just started working again

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D4322C95-0632-4581-B50C-3218AC591158.jpeg 3467A85C-A8FB-4200-87EB-F3E69F8A835C.jpeg 5EBC430C-74D3-448F-879D-2E4A06E86A83.jpeg I need some advice on these donegal trousers in contemporary fit.

I’ve three other wool trousers from S&M in the same sizing and I have no bunching up around my knees and calves as shown in the photos below. They’re a perfect fit.

When I was trying them on at the tailor to get hemmed, I didn’t experience this issue either.

But whenever I stand up after sitting down, I have to pull them down. Are these particular pants built differently in the knee/calf area or is it a fabric type related issue?

Thilgela

Reaction score
View attachment 1088911 View attachment 1088912 View attachment 1088914 I need some advice on these donegal trousers in contemporary fit.

I’ve three other wool trousers from S&M in the same sizing and I have no bunching up around my knees and calves as shown in the photos below. They’re a perfect fit.

When I was trying them on at the tailor to get hemmed, I didn’t experience this issue either.

But whenever I stand up after sitting down, I have to pull them down. Are these particular pants built differently in the knee/calf area or is it a fabric type related issue?

Your socks are attracting your trousers after sitting. They stick together because of static electrons. I think it’s pretty normal.

Queequeg

Reaction score
You know what's worse than getting an Out of Stock email? Getting a "delivered" notification and then the package not being there when you get home! I ordered the VBC brown and blue check SC on black friday and I got the delivery notification this past Saturday - I got home and there was nothing there. I opened up a case with USPS, but it's been five full days and I'm not optimistic. :(

gavrarabba

Reaction score
View attachment 1088911 View attachment 1088912 View attachment 1088914 I need some advice on these donegal trousers in contemporary fit.

Try wearing mid calf socks. hems could be narrower than your other pairs but I doubt it if comparing to other S&M

Raw

Reaction score

This happens quite a bit with OTC socks for me as well. It’s caused by static making the fabric cling to your socks. In general I don’t wear OTC socks as to avoid this except on the very coldest days of winter.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kangnamstyles, Fwiw the flannel pairs I picked up feel more narrow in the knee and calves this season, maybe just some variance in fit with the thicker cloths. I don't wear OTC socks and likely would have your same issue after sitting (they feel very tight in the knee while sitting, will almost certainly stretch them out). I am currently thinking I might just sell the light brown and cream 33 contemps I picked up and use the funds toward another MTM chino with some extra room in the knee.

Had the cream pinned up for hemming and have yet to drop them off after I snapped pics and confirmed they were indeed tight on my calves.

BF80332D-6453-464F-B6C7-380675D463B6.jpeg

Last edited:

BestCoast

Reaction score
Rocking the teal POW SC today now that it’s back from getting the sleeves shortened by my tailor. Noticed that there seem to be pink markings where the buttons were placed by the factory (before they were repositioned by the tailor after shortening the sleeves). Assuming they’re marks used by the factory for button placement. Any tips on if/how to remove these markings?

16A3708A-E4BD-4E02-8578-FFDD20C2E02F.jpeg

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rocking the teal POW SC today now that it’s back from getting the sleeves shortened by my tailor. Noticed that there seem to be pink markings where the buttons were placed by the factory (before they were repositioned by the tailor after shortening the sleeves). Assuming they’re marks used by the factory for button placement. Any tips on if/how to remove these markings?

View attachment 1088944

Tailor pen. Should come out with a dab of tap water. Generally comes out with the steam from the steam press as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads