• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can somebody please tempt me with some photos of their Maryam or Latigo Whites?

Last edited:

Alaskaking

Reaction score
Maryum natural - (horween brown horse for color comp)

Attachments

• IMG_6865.jpeg
    IMG_6865.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_6866.jpeg
    IMG_6866.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_6867.jpeg
    IMG_6867.jpeg
    454.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_6868.jpeg
    IMG_6868.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_6870.jpeg
    IMG_6870.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_6869.jpeg
    IMG_6869.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 740

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a few reasons why I may choose a 7 inch height over 6 inch height on the Cutter?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a few reasons why I may choose a 7 inch height over 6 inch height on the Cutter?
It’s a personal preference.
I like 8 inches tall boots for ankle support.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a personal preference.
I like 8 inches tall boots for ankle support.
The added height makes that much of a difference? I feel that the 6’ already covers the ankles so I’m just curious to know what changes? Is it that the extra leather restricts movement more thereby helping with stability?

milkbaby

Reaction score
The added height makes that much of a difference? I feel that the 6’ already covers the ankles so I’m just curious to know what changes? Is it that the extra leather restricts movement more thereby helping with stability?

I'm not who you asked but will chime in and say that the taller shaft tends to offer stability the way you mentioned, at least for me.

I like a 10" shaft as I have skinny ankles but decent sized calves. So a 6" height boot, depending on the design, sometimes just feels like shoes to me whereas the taller shafts feel more secure on my legs. Also a 10" boot just looks more badazz sh*tkickers than a shorter boot. 🙂

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the added height does make a difference.
I have tried 5/6 inches boots in other brands (lower-end brands like Allen Edmonds) and when I was looking at ordering White's I wasn't sure about the height. I ended up ordering 8 inches tall and liked it. FYI I work in an office environment :)

Alaskaking

Reaction score
I don’t have any 7”, but do have 1 pair if 6”and the rest are 8”. The 8 does hug my leg better for more stability, but I found the 6” more difficult / increased time to break in. They are easier to fit into a bag though! Like @milkbaby, they do feel a bit more like shoes on my foot .

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not who you asked but will chime in and say that the taller shaft tends to offer stability the way you mentioned, at least for me.

I like a 10" shaft as I have skinny ankles but decent sized calves. So a 6" height boot, depending on the design, sometimes just feels like shoes to me whereas the taller shafts feel more secure on my legs. Also a 10" boot just looks more badazz sh*tkickers than a shorter boot. 🙂
I don’t have any 7”, but do have 1 pair if 6”and the rest are 8”. The 8 does hug my leg better for more stability, but I found the 6” more difficult / increased time to break in. They are easier to fit into a bag though! Like @milkbaby, they do feel a bit more like shoes on my foot .

Oh yeah I hear you, I have slight Asian ankles as well and thought the 6 inch height provided decent support but I can see how lacing up higher would offer more now. Was chatting to someone about hiking boots to get a sense of how this worked.

As to the question of usage, I am a WFH dad as well so hardly gonna be uprooting trees in these things but I do walk a lot so that is my justification for needing another set of **** kickers. ;-)

Alaskaking

Reaction score
Oh yeah I hear you, I have slight Asian ankles as well and thought the 6 inch height provided decent support but I can see how lacing up higher would offer more now. Was chatting to someone about hiking boots to get a sense of how this worked.

As to the question of usage, I am a WFH dad as well so hardly gonna be uprooting trees in these things but I do walk a lot so that is my justification for needing another set of **** kickers. ;-)
You've got to dig potatoes in something Mr_Spud.... sounds legit to me.

Netvine

Reaction score
Thinking of having bounty hunter reduced from double to single midsole on next resole. Will this change the Arch Ease geometry of how my foot sits or just the overall height?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of having bounty hunter reduced from double to single midsole on next resole. Will this change the Arch Ease geometry of how my foot sits or just the overall height?
I can speak from personal experience, it won’t change the arch support (Bakers did the resole on my boots) but I do feel like I have break-in the boots again. The arch support feels kind of new, best way I can put it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads