• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
I have a White's Bounty Hunter on the normal heel stack and a Nick's Builder Pro which is 1/4" higher heel stack, both of which are the same under foot (single midsole and Vibram 100 lugged outsole). I personally prefer the higher heel. In fact, I like it so much that I specified the extra height for another pair of White's Bounty Hunters that I ordered and am currently waiting on. And I will always choose the higher heel stack when given the chance. Every one is different though, so you just have to try and see which you prefer.

As for aesthetics, when worn on foot the heel height isn't something you'll see or even something other people will much notice due to the angle any one is viewing them from. Looking at beauty shots online isn't the same as what's seen in real life. But, if you want more pics and can't find them, Nick's standard heel is one stack (1/4“) taller than the White's standard heel.
Okay that is good to know! Since the 55 last is shared by both White's and Nicks, and Nicks themselves use an extra heel lift on this last, it must work well! Thank you for your insights.

Alaskaking

Reaction score
I have a White's Bounty Hunter on the normal heel stack and a Nick's Builder Pro which is 1/4" higher heel stack, both of which are the same under foot (single midsole and Vibram 100 lugged outsole). I personally prefer the higher heel. In fact, I like it so much that I specified the extra height for another pair of White's Bounty Hunters that I ordered and am currently waiting on. And I will always choose the higher heel stack when given the chance. Every one is different though, so you just have to try and see which you prefer.

As for aesthetics, when worn on foot the heel height isn't something you'll see or even something other people will much notice due to the angle any one is viewing them from. Looking at beauty shots online isn't the same as what's seen in real life. But, if you want more pics and can't find them, Nick's standard heel is one stack (1/4“) taller than the White's standard heel.
Ha! I was wondering that. I only have White's, but I did think a lot of their boots as well as Frank's look like they are taller than the standard stack on White's.
It is certainly tolerable, I just feel more correctly centered over my feet with greater ease on the standard heel- just my personal experience. It is a little more pronounced on the pair with a double midsole and 100 lug sole- the decreased ability to flex the forefoot makes it a bit of a beast (size 9.5EE)
In hand (and in pictures) that tall heel stack is sharp looking on the right boot, but like @milkbaby points out, no one will see it, and if they do, will never notice the difference. But you will-every time you put them on and take them off, polish them, sit them in the corner and admire them-its nice to have the boot the way you want it to look.
I can't ignore the piano comment though. not sure how you specifically maneuver your foot around the pedals, but you will have to overcome that extra 1/4" as well (which isn't a great distance- but its there).
FWIW, again, on my feet only, I have an easier time bringing my ankle in dorsiflexion in my 8" high boots compared to 6" pair or the 5" of semidress- its like the longer shaft gives a better lever to flex the leather at the ankle. With the heel lift, you will have to move your ankle that much farther to overcome the extra wedge your heel is propped up on- which of course may be negligible distance for your foot or the mechanics you utilize when playing the piano.
Again, that will be a great pair of boots with either variation, and he worst possible outcome in regards to the heel stack height being not of your liking, you are only faced with adding or subtracting the lift without having to alter the structure or any stitching on the boot at all. Definitely not worth losing any sleep over.
I thought @chicagoan2016 might have a pair on a 55 with and without the additional lift- but I can't remember.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought @chicagoan2016 might have a pair on a 55 with and without the additional lift- but I can't remember.
All of my boots are with extra lift. Kyle recommended the additional lift because of my high-arched feet (that's not the only strange aspect about my feet 😂).

Last edited:

shinytile

Reaction score
Hey all,

First post here in a decade. How's the Whites exchange policy? I ordered a pair of MPM1s in olive waxed on the black Friday sale.

They arrived today... In natural CXL. I confirmed in my order email that I ordered olive waxed, but I (now) notice in the subsequent receipt email they sent a few weeks later is says CXL. My packing slip has both Olive and Natural written on it. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

What should I expect? Are their exchanges faster than their builds? Kinda frustrating

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

First post here in a decade. How's the Whites exchange policy? I ordered a pair of MPM1s in olive waxed on the black Friday sale.

They arrived today... In natural CXL. I confirmed in my order email that I ordered olive waxed, but I (now) notice in the subsequent receipt email they sent a few weeks later is says CXL. My packing slip has both Olive and Natural written on it. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

What should I expect? Are their exchanges faster than their builds? Kinda frustrating
should be pretty straightforward, I imagine, so long as you have your documentation.

gte872h

Reaction score
Hey all,

should be pretty straightforward, I imagine, so long as you have your documentation.
I’m sorry to hear that. In my case I ordered a pair of natural cxl Semi-Dress with a double leather sole. I saw in the work order that it didn’t seem to have the double leather sole listed so I reached back out to White’s to make sure they would be built correctly. I was assured they would be built correctly.

You probably know where this is going but when I received my boots they only had a single leather sole. I called them and was told that they would rebuild them. Less than a month later I received a package. I thought to myself how that didn’t seem like enough time to rebuild another pair so quickly. When I opened them up I realized that they just resoled the same pair of boots with a double leather sole. I was kind of upset but just decided to keep them because I realize that since I have such a large boot rotation I won’t be getting them resoled too many times to fail the rebuild process.

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Hey all,

I would be livid. That's a huge mistake and I would expect some kind of discount and a rush on the next pair straight to the front of the line.

This is why I buy using a credit card so I can charge back if they pull something stupid like this.

shinytile

Reaction score
I would be livid. That's a huge mistake and I would expect some kind of discount and a rush on the next pair straight to the front of the line.

This is why I buy using a credit card so I can charge back if they pull something stupid like this.
Yeah, it was quite a trip to go from the excitement of getting my first PNW boots to realizing that I too got bit by the PNW quality I've always read so much about.

So we're clear, this was my order confirmation:
SCR-20240120-tcyq.png

And this was the packing slip (that they emailed to me, yes, but I assumed it was a formality and I didn't need to check the... most defining feature.)
SCR-20240120-tewp.png

I'll call them Monday and I assume it'll be fine, but yes, quite frustrating. Honestly, after this, I might just stay with the Truman tier of boots.

shiftyskunk

Reaction score
I got the Nicks leather insoles and they’re perfect - they’ve alleviated the problem completely. Thanks again!

PS: The recommended size of the insoles (US Men’s 8-9.5) is just about big enough for my 8EE boots. I’d advise sizing up.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a custom makeup through Baker’s. Conflicted about the LTT or plain toe Bounty Hunter. Anyone with experience of both be kind enough to shed some light on the forefoot fit, please? I prefer space for the toes and am worried that the LTT pattern will constrict more at the top of the feet? Or am I just imagining things? 🤣

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a custom makeup through Baker’s. Conflicted about the LTT or plain toe Bounty Hunter. Anyone with experience of both be kind enough to shed some light on the forefoot fit, please? I prefer space for the toes and am worried that the LTT pattern will constrict more at the top of the feet? Or am I just imagining things? 🤣
The LTT looks pretty cool on the 55 last (think Cutter) although for me aesthetically the normal lace up version still takes the edge. If it comes to the 4811 last though I think LTT looks kind of ugly—definitely prefer the normal lace up version of the Smokejumper, for example.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The LTT looks pretty cool on the 55 last (think Cutter) although for me aesthetically the normal lace up version still takes the edge. If it comes to the 4811 last though I think LTT looks kind of ugly—definitely prefer the normal lace up version of the Smokejumper, for example.
Yeah this is the thing. I am a fan of the plain toe version but thought about getting the LTT version for variety ( with a lineman patch ). Figured raising the height by an inch should help the visual balance too. Not too keen on the 4811 because I hear that gets really blobby and even though I wear woollen socks I never use thick ones.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how about the spacing at the forefoot in the LTT version over the plain toe one? Any difference to fit and feel?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics