• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I have to be careful of the group think. If you recall when this was initially discussed how many guys were super gung ho about a Neapolitan flannel Chalk stripe. That enthusiasm didn't translate into sales. It's a beautiful suit.

Customer feedback: I was 100% a buyer until you made them with higher rise pants. That never works with my proportions and my tailor would spend as much of my money (or more) recutting the pants as the pants themselves cost.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay Are we getting closer to the high rise cream flannel trousers? Does it have a single reverse pleat too?

Hah, I was just thinking about this. That’s an item I think will move quickly, at least in these circles.

Jumped in on the new version of the PoW suit- I kept seeing pics of different pairings and couldn’t resist any longer. 20% off ending was a good motivator too lol

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Customer feedback: I was 100% a buyer until you made them with higher rise pants. That never works with my proportions and my tailor would spend as much of my money (or more) recutting the pants as the pants themselves cost.

You're never going to please everyone. Honestly, you know how much slack I would get here alone for NOT making them high rise.

This is where MTO will come in for items like this.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're never going to please everyone. Honestly, you know how much slack I would get here alone for NOT making them high rise.

I understand you completely. Completely. But I was one of the people that said I would buy, and I would have, and am disappointed I couldn’t. I wanted to respond to say why for my own reasons.

Regardless, that’s only one or two more sales, which doesn’t discredit your main premise in any meaningful way.

Separately, I would have bought the brown herringbone sport coat in an instant had it not sold out in 42L right away. :brick:

Marshdrifter

Reaction score
What do you gents suggest as an alternative to lint rollers? I have 2 cats that permanently shed and have noticed some minor damage on one SM suit jacked that I've lint-rolled a few times. I don't want to make it worse, but also rather not walk around covered in cat hair all day. Thanks for any tips!
You could try gently wiping with a rubberized dishwashing glove.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah, I was just thinking about this. That’s an item I think will move quickly, at least in these circles.

Jumped in on the new version of the PoW suit- I kept seeing pics of different pairings and couldn’t resist any longer. 20% off ending was a good motivator too lol
Please post pics when you get. I don’t need a new suit but that’s never stopped me before and this suit looks great.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last seasons Tobacco Fresco flew off the shelves and I feel it was helpful to at least members on the forum that there were so many fit pics. I don't think I've seen any with the Flannel Chalk stripe.

I'll just say for the $375 USD with the current sale it's a steal. I always thinks it's easier to wear these bolder stripes in winter than it is in summer since they're dulled down a bit with the darker everything . I just can't seem to justify another winter purchase after everything I've bought.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the high rise trousers. They especially work with a suit because you won’t be wearing them without a jacket. I think most people on the forum are more into sport coats than suits. I myself don’t wear suits that often but there’s something so great about a nice suit like the flannel chalk stripe. It’s bold but also classic.

Thilgela

Reaction score
Last seasons Tobacco Fresco flew off the shelves and I feel it was helpful to at least members on the forum that there were so many fit pics. I don't think I've seen any with the Flannel Chalk stripe.

I'll just say for the $375 USD with the current sale it's a steal. I always thinks it's easier to wear these bolder stripes in winter than it is in summer since they're dulled down a bit with the darker everything . I just can't seem to justify another winter purchase after everything I've bought.

I think in SoCal, flannels may only get wore during late Jan to mid Feb and that's about it.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What? They're high rise? I wonder if all 3 trousers I got won't fit :(

Vinsep

Reaction score
Yeah. What we are learning is that a lot of people like the idea of something. Like to look at it and admire it on others. But it really boils down to practically. Like where would you wear it and when. The Chalk stripe is beautiful. But it is bold. It's a real statement piece that stands out.

On a similar note, I was only able to buy one suit from you guys out of many items I would love to buy.
All of them of my size sold out within hours(tobacco fresco, brown herringbone, brown red pow, and grey polo coat).

Have you even considered letting people prepurchase before you place your order at the factory, and give them a nice discount for their wait? I think some affiliates do that. By doing this you make sure people will vote with their dollar, and you may increase your production quantity which may lower the cost?

This may involve a lot of additional work(letting people see the sample photos before the production, no change during the production, etc), and as a outsider I'm not sure whether it's feasible. But it sounds to be a viable way to address some of the problems we are facing.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a similar note, I was only able to buy one suit from you guys out of many items I would love to buy.
All of them of my size sold out within hours(tobacco fresco, brown herringbone, brown red pow, and grey polo coat).

Have you even considered letting people prepurchase before you place your order at the factory, and give them a nice discount for their wait? I think some affiliates do that. By doing this you make sure people will vote with their dollar, and you may increase your production quantity which may lower the cost?

This may involve a lot of additional work(letting people see the sample photos before the production, no change during the production, etc), and as a outsider I'm not sure whether it's feasible. But it sounds to be a viable way to address some of the problems we are facing.

Just do GMTO with 10% disc and availability of those odd sizes. Everyone's happy.

Last edited:

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Funnily enough I find both my Spier trousers (texture brown, and grey some wool or other) to be low-ish rise and wished for an inch or two more at least.

upload_2018-11-27_14-26-32.png

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1