• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gavrarabba

Reaction score
This is why I have to be careful of the group think. If you recall when this was initially discussed how many guys were super gung ho about a Neapolitan flannel Chalk stripe. That enthusiasm didn't translate into sales. It's a beautiful suit.
Is it possible it's just the timing of when it came out that contributed to this? Like I don't think the chalk stripe is bolder than say the tobacco fresco but that (I think) flew off the racks. But this was one of the last big suit drops if I recall, maybe the group thinkers blew through through their seasonal purchases already. Just a guess.

walkinginplace

Reaction score
You should be ok in the 15.5. There is a lot of difference if your chest is a 38 or a 40. That's a full size difference. If your closer to a 40, The 15 slim will pretty much guaranteed to be tight.

Yeah, I'm probably more of a 40 these days.

But let me tell you, this kind of customer service is liable to make me a regular customer. Despite the sizing issues, loved the look and feel of the shirts I received and really looking forward to the next chino restock (when I'm sure I'll have even more fit/sizing questions).

n2pua

Reaction score
This is why I have to be careful of the group think. If you recall when this was initially discussed how many guys were super gung ho about a Neapolitan flannel Chalk stripe. That enthusiasm didn't translate into sales. It's a beautiful suit.

Don't forget that you also hit us with an insane amount of other options (many of which were released prior).

Thilgela

Reaction score
@spiermackay Is trouser swap available during the sale? I remember someone said we could not do that during BF/CM. If yes, I'll place an order for the chalkstripe now (not in my original plan for this season lol).

Identity Crisis

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm probably more of a 40 these days.

But let me tell you, this kind of customer service is liable to make me a regular customer. Despite the sizing issues, loved the look and feel of the shirts I received and really looking forward to the next chino restock (when I'm sure I'll have even more fit/sizing questions).

This happened to me and I had to do a lot of trial and error on fit (across many different items) and it did grow frustrating. However, the customer service really kept me going, they made it so easy and Rick will answer your questions right here.

Couple that with the products (once you dial in fit) and that is why S&M is special to me.

Hang in there and we will help you as much as we can

sargeinaz

Reaction score
This happens very often. When people suggest wild items or regular items in a niche or loud fabric for a company to make and then it’s time to buy and Poof, nobody buys it. That’s why I always suggest basic things like a blue oxford but with better fabric or collar roll or muted colors for cords or grey herringbone or the exploded glen check in brown etc. these are items regular guys can wear and look sharp in.

A lot of things people like in theory, but when it comes to buying or wearing it...different story.

As far as the chalk stripe suit, both are gorgeous, I just rarely wear suits and especially don’t need a chalk stripe flannel suit regardless of how beautiful I think they both look.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright so I Just got guilted into buying the Navy neo. I was one who said hell yes and then thought ... when the **** am I going to wear that when it was released. So I bought it at 20% off and am going to find a way to make this part of my rotation. Maybe I need to go to law school to become a lawyer.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here who wears shirts from either Stenströms in the Fitted Body cut, size 40 or Eton Contemporary cut, size 40? The slimline of both these brands are not for me and since size 40 is translated to 15,75 I was wondering wether i should go for 15,5 (39) or 16 (41) and in what cut (I presume contemporary) I should take. Thanks in advance.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright so I Just got guilted into buying the Navy neo. I was one who said hell yes and then thought ... when the **** am I going to wear that when it was released. So I bought it at 20% off and am going to find a way to make this part of my rotation. Maybe I need to go to law school to become a lawyer.
Atta guy! Just what the world needs!
Unknown-1.jpeg

But we wear nice suits!

image.png

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my first foray into S&M oxfords did not go well sizewise. I typically wear slim mediums or 15 in neck sizing in most brands, but the 15/33 slim OCBD was way tight. Anyone have any guidance re: sizing for someone who's about 5'10" and some change and 155ish? Probably just going to order 15.5/34 now before they sell out, but half considering going all the way up to 16/34....
If you guys are looking to get rid of the 15 33 Slim shorts shoot me a PM.

Interesting. I also just bought my first OCBD from SM in the same size (15/33 slim) but I’m smaller than you and found it too loose. I’m 5’8” at 135lbs. I typically wear 15/32.33 in Kamakura’s Tokyo slim fit which fits me great.

AGlorifiedCrew

Reaction score
Just wanted to showcase the Blue Bottoli Sportcoat that I had tailored recently. Essentially, the "perfect fit" for the SM jackets require a bit of tailoring, and it's mostly due to my weird Dorito-shaped torso: Wide shoulders, wider lats, and a drastic drop in the waist. Basically, that means a 40R Contemporary with the side seams taken in, vents reset, sleeves shortened, and then the upper back let out about .5" to give me reaching room while still maintaining a flat, smooth drape. It's a little pricey after everything is added up, but there's no sleeve twist, no shoulder divots, no Dreaded X, the lapels lay flat, and the torso of the jacket is shaped slim to my waist. Really can't wait to put a few more jackets into the closet this year!

8D3MLcL.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy