1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. capooo

capooo Member

2. JSAN

JSAN Senior Member

3. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Maison Martin Margiela

SS2004 Cream Suit
    AB94B6E3-4CCF-445C-B0C3-D8FE6509541F.jpeg

FW2008 Knit
    39A6C9A4-CC5F-4E7F-834C-AE69FDE512B7.jpeg

Cutler and Gross Cable Temple Collab
    C08FDB32-F03F-45FD-ACA5-DF0D49CBFA95.jpeg

4. London

London Distinguished Member

Beautiful

5. Seoul Soul

Seoul Soul Active Member

sandro apollo coat.jpg Sandro Paris 'Apollo' chesterfield coat
    Playing it safe with a classic

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019

6. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Farmer Diva

Craig Green
    [​IMG]

Bode
    [​IMG]

Kapital
    [​IMG]

7. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Triple Aught Primer Henley

[​IMG]
    Coaltree Trailhead Shorts

[​IMG]
    Foehn Brise

and in what is without a doubt my dumbest purchase of 2019, and one that will be immediately sold as soon as I get it:
    [​IMG]
    Doc Martens x Yohji Ordinance Boots

(Though I am gonna get 2 pairs of MIE Docs, one in brown and one in black, once I sell these stupid things.)

8. aj2603

aj2603 Well-Known Member

Andres Sendra 11811 Model. Jean Last. Patina Fox

14568CFC-AE20-4470-97FA-FD6CDBAFC6B2.jpeg

9. Benesyed

Benesyed Distinguished Member

Why is it dumb?

10. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

@Callusing very interested to hear how sizing is with the Yohji x Doc Martens. Was tempted by them earlier in the season, but could not risk it.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

callusing be coppin shit i never heard of

just cop some solovairs man

12. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

I've gone full granola. Half the stuff I buy these days could be stocked at REI, except it's slightly better-looking, slightly worse-performing, and 50% more expensive. Still cheaper than real-deal fashion stuff.

As for the Yohji Docs, I overpaid for them. Was an impulse buy that I immediately regretted as soon as the purchase went through. They should arrive in a day or two, and maybe I'll be impressed, but I figure the leather is gonna be crap for $350. (And I don't know how anybody buys these at MSRP.) The silhouette is fantastic with the Cubeflex sole, though...in on-foot pics they look a lot like the old creeper-soled Rick Anfibios. I'll post some updates once they get here, including sizing. I sized down 1/2 (I'm a US 8.5, went with an 8), which is both what the guy at Totokaelo suggested and my own experience with any Docs other than their basic mainline stuff.

@bry2000 I was the same, I almost bought em back around Black Friday or something like that, couldn't do it then. Saw a deal on em, couldn't help myself this time.

@jet Good suggestion, I'll get Solovairs if I end up passing these off, though I do want one pair of Docs with CF Stead leather. Probably these.

[​IMG]

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

bud those pants and the TAD henley look great

14. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

And they're both well-priced!

TAD's Primer henleys fit me perfectly (they have a really nice athletic cut on all their lighter knits), and the thick waffle knit gives it a pretty tough vibe without going over the top. This is my third Primer...I've already got one in white and olive, and while that one looks totally black in the picture it's actually a pretty dark brown in person. $70

Foehn's Brise are probably my most-worn pants since I got my first pair. (Those were in black, this olive pair is #2) Super light with a pretty aggressive taper starting at the knee and some space up top...they're meant as climbing pants, but I've been wearing em casually. And they've got elastic on the bottom cuffs and at the waist, which means they're ridiculously comfortable. When I wear sneakers instead of boots, it's usually with these. The stitching could be a little bit better...I did have one stitch pop on me on my black pair (not enough that there was actually a failure - it was a spot in the seat where it was double-stitched, and two stitches on one of the two lines popped), but overall they're solid, and most days when I don't want to think about what to wear I end up throwing these on. $130

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

nice nice... i bought the fb pants in black, free shipping and returns if i like them it will be a good come up.

TAD i like but $70 for a henley... i guess i may swing my the store and see it