• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

To meet macros and calories?
I eat about 4 meals. Two big ones and two smaller ones.

i'm trying to do it with three. just seeing what others are doing.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
feel like I'm going to be in a world of hurt if I keep on wiith strong lifts, too much squatting, too low reps. So far made a lot of gains and fixed form in a lot of lifts, changed the grip in my bench and feel great, but I think 2 months from now **** is going to start snapping.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
feel like I'm going to be in a world of hurt if I keep on wiith strong lifts, too much squatting, too low reps. So far made a lot of gains and fixed form in a lot of lifts, changed the grip in my bench and feel great, but I think 2 months from now **** is going to start snapping.

I've got mixed feeling about SL. It's just Starting Strength, plus a ton of extra movements that are unnecessary in a single training session.

In my experiance, the most effective programs I've used have been Bill Star's 5x5, 5/3/1, and Westside Barbell. Of course, there are so many other factors that could had an influence on the "effectiveness" of these programs, namely nutrition and sleep, but that's been my experiance.

Last edited:

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got diagnosed with fluid in my left knee. No heavy squats for a week. :(

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need to fix my bench. I bent over row almost double what I can bench. Back is jacked while chest area is shallow and meh

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hover around a 41-inch chest with a 33-inch true waist most days and paired with narrow shoulders relative to the rest of my upper body, clothing is often a frustrating hobby.

About 6 years ago I was a 13" drop. It was literally impossible to buy anything off the rack. I'm about a 9 now and I can actually fit into some slim fit shirts that have the correct neck size. Nothing fits ideally, but much better. That being said, I'd still rather have the 13" drop again.

I've recently revamped my routine to focus more on being in better all-around shape, as opposed to just strength training. I do body weight, high intensity, metabolic conditioning workouts 2 days a week, plus 1 day of pure strength training focusing on Squat, Bench Press and Barbell Rows, and a 4th day of some other activity that would include an hour or so of basketball, swimming or tennis. It's basically a modified combination of traditional strength training and crossfit, minus the inclusion of Olympic lifts into the met-con workouts, mostly because it greatly reduces the chance of injury, and is more applicable to home-based training which I am currently doing. I guess it should be noted that the "body weight" exercises do have exceptions such as a push-press, or a concept 2 row, which use things other than just the body.

Last edited:

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I need to fix my bench. I bent over row almost double what I can bench. Back is jacked while chest area is shallow and meh

Full ROM dumbbell flyes...don't think there's a single better chest building exercise. I do em flat and incline and have gotten awesome growth from them. Prior to bulk chest was my weakest point...now it's one of my strongest.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Full ROM dumbbell flyes...don't think there's a single better chest building exercise. I do em flat and incline and have gotten awesome growth from them. Prior to bulk chest was my weakest point...now it's one of my strongest.

Ok, I'll give em a shot. I also need something that's gonna help me learn how to activtate my pecs, when I bench it's all back / triceps

dizzy

Reaction score
Looking for something to substitute sprints now that it's cold as balls outside, any suggestions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads