• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As of this morning, I've lost 50 pounds total. Still have 10 or so to go, but that should be a breeze.

The only downside has been that my lifts on squat, deadlift, and bench have tanked. I used to be a powerlifter and competed in a number of competitions, and now I can't lift **** after dropping the weight. Now, my squat is 185, deadlift is 225, and bench is 135....that sucks!!!!

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking for something to substitute sprints now that it's cold as balls outside, any suggestions?

Kettlebell swings

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As of this morning, I've lost 50 pounds total. Still have 10 or so to go, but that should be a breeze. 

The only downside has been that my lifts on squat, deadlift, and bench have tanked. I used to be a powerlifter and competed in a number of competitions, and now I can't lift **** after dropping the weight. Now, my squat is 185, deadlift is 225, and bench is 135....that sucks!!!!

what are you cutting from / to?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah I see, godspeed you. 140 sounds so light tho! thats what most girls prob weigh

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Told GF if she ever tops 140 we're through.

Told my gf the same thing but didn't put a weight on it. She said as long as I don't turn into a ***** because she'd do the same thing. Works for me.

I've been hovering around 180 for quite a while now, but my lifts are still going up. Cannot wait to cut in Jan.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Full ROM dumbbell flyes...don't think there's a single better chest building exercise. I do em flat and incline and have gotten awesome growth from them. Prior to bulk chest was my weakest point...now it's one of my strongest.

x2 I used to be fairly bird-chested, now I have fairly thick pecs.I do super stretched out flyes with a slight incline.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
any links to a good walkthrough of flys? i always do them wrong

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah I see, godspeed you. 140 sounds so light tho! thats what most girls prob weigh

I think the "ideal weight" for someone who is 5"4 ranges from 120 to 140, so it might actually be on the heavier side.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads