• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

rokor

Reaction score
Literally the worst thing that they as a team could have put out short of adding pony hair. Maybe the toes aren't as exaggerated in person but I've seen lot of photos of these and they don't sit right with me.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These look like the first sneakers ever made.

MJQvniFp5CW9.png

Last edited:

rokor

Reaction score
I just don't see the punk influence at all. Did they go as far as leaving it as a Converse collab for that one?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My best sneaker cops lately have been ALD NBs and Lemaire high tops.

Highly recommend the Lemaire. Perfect blend of kinda chunky and boxy, and also slim around the top. They're on sale at their website too. Size tts for sneakers (I'm usually an 11 in sneakers and went with 44).

M201FO261LF458000_4_1200x.jpg

M201FO261LF458000_1_1200x.jpg

happyriverz

Reaction score
The RO converse are fine -- nothing to write home about, but not like Triple-S level ugly either. They just added a square toe and extended the tongue like Geobaskets.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just looked up the Rick collab. These look like they're part of the Fry's Electronics collection.

View attachment 1645888
These look like the first sneakers ever made.

View attachment 1645887
I got a solicitation from Converse for them, too. I was trying to think of useful things to do with the toebox... Maybe scraping dogshit off the sidewalk?
those RO converse are for teenagers, please leave some for the teens

I wanted to try and see them in person, dont know where I'd be able to find them in the city so I was up for a Nike drop anyways and clicked away... I agree compared to ramones these are odd looking but also very true to what RO does

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads