• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody buy through Carousell Hong Kong? Trying to make an account and keep having trouble.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody buy through Carousell Hong Kong? Trying to make an account and keep having trouble.
What kind of trouble? I made an account on Carousel Singapore once and I didn't run in to any problems...

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of trouble? I made an account on Carousel Singapore once and I didn't run in to any problems...
It sends me a verification code and when I put it in it says Code Invalid

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting read. Not a huge fan myself but sometimes it can work.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I glanced through. I am glad Simon pointed out that there is nothing new here: Armani and RL were doing this well before there was an ALD, et al.

I think these looks can work when styled carefully for look books and product shots, but when most people in everyday life try it, it can often flop.

Last edited:

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I glanced through. I am glad Simon pointed out that there is nothing new here: Armani and RL were doing this well before there was an ALD, et al.

I think these looks can work when styled carefully for look books and product shots, but when most people in everyday life try it, it can often flop.
They flop with me all the time so I rarely try them. Better for college students. Most I can do is wear a winter baseball cap with tailoring when it's cold out.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tough needle to thread, especially when you get older. The models of all ages and genders look great in the ALD videos and print ads. But be careful when trying it at home.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah but lookbooks are inspirational or whatever, they give you a vibe you can work and fiddle with not a set of instructions. Of course some of the stuff is over the top or cringey looking irl (the same way full runway looks generally are). You take some you leave some.
But that's something you need to develop a feel for, by looking at a bit of everything. And it's going to be harder if you come from a very CM-centric background which is much narrower than SWD to begin with.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.