• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

jtj48

Reaction score
Anyone have experience consigning stuff with any of the big online shops, like realreal or vestiaire? How was it?

I'd love to avoid the work of having to sell **** myself.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have experience consigning stuff with any of the big online shops, like realreal or vestiaire? How was it?

I was planning to ask a similar question with regard to Real Real and the physical consignment shops in NYC like Ina.

I consigned a few things with LuxeSwap recently. I plan to give them another try, but would like to evaluate and possibly use some of the other consignment places.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve used Tailored Consignment and LuxeSwap with success.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funnily enough I sent an email to luxeswap last week.

How much fee does LS charge?

Honestly even if they took like 50% of the profits I would use them. Selling is painful.

Ill list stuff for like 20 bucks and shipping for A- condition schneider and someone will try to nickle and dime me about it further. Or be like 20 bucks shipped to australia. LOL.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly even if they took like 50% of the profits I would use them. Selling is painful.

Ill list stuff for like 20 bucks and shipping for A- condition schneider and someone will try to nickle and dime me about it further. Or be like 20 bucks shipped to australia. LOL.
Unless you are reselling Supreme or Off White, you are going to be looking at terrible returns.

On the other hand, if you are reselling Supreme and Off White, you are nearly guaranteed to be dealing with some of the shittiest buyers in the known universe.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't get why you guys don't just list on eBay. The auction is forced to end in seven or ten days, there's almost always a buyer, and people generally pay.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you are reselling Supreme or Off White, you are going to be looking at terrible returns.

On the other hand, if you are reselling Supreme and Off White, you are nearly guaranteed to be dealing with some of the shittiest buyers in the known universe.

Tbh i usually end up selling for a reasonable price. Expecting 40% of what you paid or less is reasonable. Its more so having to deal with losers that dont actually have the money or real interest and just waste time

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Big fan of LS. Yeah, they take a decent cut, but they do all the chump work for you and have an audience I couldn't hope to manufacture on my own. Literally all you do is mail them a box of your stuff with a singed contract and then cash a check later on.

I imagine that you must be in finance, because those compensation levels sound outsized to me in every sector except for banking, unless you are talking about fairly senior positions, and even then, it's only at enterprise companies.

Stupid money seems to flow freely through banking though.

Funny how the industry with all the money is the money industry.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Big fan of LS. Yeah, they take a decent cut, but they do all the chump work for you and have an audience I couldn't hope to manufacture on my own. Literally all you do is mail them a box of your stuff with a singed contract and then cash a check later on.

DeepUncomfortableArkshell-size_restricted.gif

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Software developer salaries in the US are crazy, compared to Europe. Even in London it’s pretty hard to go above £100k even with experience.

Same goes for doctors, they are pretty well off in my country but most are hardly rich. I guess due to universal health care.

I don't think universal healthcare limits the salaries of doctors. I also think you'll find most in the US are hardly rich either. Most have pretty crippling student loans. The US is kind weird in regards to salaries and is a bit all over the place really.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads