• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
East Dane's returns are so insanely slow; sent some stuff on Oct 1 that still hasn't made it to their warehouse. Kinda weird considering how quick Amazon returns are processed (sometimes I get refunded the day I dropped off a package at the UPS store), but I guess there are limits to their systems integration. They've been stocking decent stuff lately, but with my sizing issues I don't really want to deal with them anymore. Mr Porter is so so so much better for this (heck even Yoox has improved)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Didn't even know what the **** allbirds was.

Did they find a way to incorporate all the needles and feces into their shoes?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
44629765_2104845216270444_3895712247174922240_n.jpg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
East Dane's returns are so insanely slow; sent some stuff on Oct 1 that still hasn't made it to their warehouse. Kinda weird considering how quick Amazon returns are processed (sometimes I get refunded the day I dropped off a package at the UPS store), but I guess there are limits to their systems integration. They've been stocking decent stuff lately, but with my sizing issues I don't really want to deal with them anymore. Mr Porter is so so so much better for this (heck even Yoox has improved)

They used to be really fast both ways, but I think that promo crushed them.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recs for good rainy day boots? I've been using a pair of Shell Alden lace-up boots, but they feel too bulky/heavy lately.

Been thinking of those Moto chromexcel Chelsea boots

Csio7zt.jpg

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love those Hoka + EG.

Would look good with a Paul Harnden blazer and a pair of faded denim

I'm gonna get 'em

edit: Whoa, sold out everywhere?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recs for good rainy day boots? I've been using a pair of Shell Alden lace-up boots, but they feel too bulky/heavy lately.

Csio7zt.jpg

IMO cxl holds up better in heavy rainfall than shell. Here's some grant stone cxl in a rainstorm with record rains. The uppers held up extremely well. The shell I've had immediately gets water marks and let's the water soak through.

20180909_174827.jpg

Plus those Moto boots look damn good

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Csio7zt.jpg

You could get rubber soled suede shoes and waterproof the uppers. Something like a Dainite soled boot and then treat the uppers to Tarrago or Allen Edmonds waterproofer spray.

Some constructions are more water resistant than others, but for normal rainy day weather, I think almost anything is fine tbh.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked those EG Hokas a lot more than I thought I would as well, though I think I'd still rather get some Salomons if I want hypey, techy sneakers.

Red and black colorway still has full-size runs on Hoka, Needsupply & Totokaelo. Haven't found the others available anywhere from a quick search earlier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads