• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL Simon Crompton thread (PermanentStyle.com)

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked the accounts of Liverano for 2023, which are not under their real name so a tad convoluted. The margins are surprisingly low, so even though Veblen may be what happens at revenue level, at the end they need such ridiculous high pricing to survive. For your reference, in 2023 they made only 18'000 EUR profit, down from 30'000 EUR of 2022.
It is a very low number at a headline level indeed. Is the net profit after paying themselves? and if so, how much?

St1X

Reaction score
I checked the accounts of Liverano for 2023, which are not under their real name so a tad convoluted. The margins are surprisingly low, so even though Veblen may be what happens at revenue level, at the end they need such ridiculous high pricing to survive. For your reference, in 2023 they made only 18'000 EUR profit, down from 30'000 EUR of 2022.
Can be a convoluted business structure, like in Hollywood

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vittorio Salino tweed jacket.

Screenshot (1540).png
Screenshot (1541).png
Screenshot (1542).png

I prefer bolder and more colouful tweed patterns, but a grey herringbone donegal is certainly very versatile. I don't like to see a tee peeking under the shirt.

https://www.permanentstyle.com/2024...view.html?mc_cid=969277873d&mc_eid=277eb01ada

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having seen that jacket worn in person, I’d say it did look rather good, in terms of overall fit, proportions and choice of cloth. The lack of waist suppression wasn’t something I noticed but I agree that may be something to tweak based on these photos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads