• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sunror
nothing wrong with firing pritchard if they hire a better gm like presti to replace him. yes pritchard has been one of the better gms in the league the past few years, but im assuming paul allen is aiming hi. anybody got projections on the worst teams in the league next year? minnesota detroit indiana washington maybe toronto probably golden state it feels like a lot of the other bad teams might improve. kings now have a good lineup except at sg. clippers have a nice lineup too. even the warriors have enough talent to win if they don't ship anyone else out. knicks will probably sign guys and have a good regular season coach. which recent good team will fall off big? i could see someone like atlanta, maybe old teams like dallas and san antonio if there's a major injury (though both those are very well coached). phoenix?
but most teams are smart enough not to let a good GM go. i'm never saying never, but the teams that employ guys like Pat Riley, Sam Presti and RC Buford wouldn't let them go without a helluva fight. i forgot to mention that the job Pritchard has done creating the current Blazers team is all the more impressive considering the team that Bob Whitsitt left him (remember the contracts, attitude and general suckiness of the Sheed-Ratliff-Randolph-Miles team?) although i suppose there are a couple of Jerrys (West and Colangelo) who're not doing anything right now
devil.gif
regarding worst teams next season - definitely Toronto, because i fully expect Bosh to walk. but looking at current lineups, i think Minnesota is the worst, along with the Knicks and Tyreke's one-man-show in Sacto (i'm not a fan of Cousins). Washington will be really bad, but not because they lack talent - more because their team makes no sense. of the current good teams, i think the Celtics will have a significant fall-off (they blew in the regular season and were gassed in the Finals, and their significant players are FA's and they can't afford to keep them all).

sellahi22

Reaction score
which recent good team will fall off big? i could see someone like atlanta, maybe old teams like dallas and san antonio if there's a major injury (though both those are very well coached). phoenix?

i see all those teams falling off big

who do you think will contend for a championship next year besides the lakers and chicago/miami (if either picks up 2 of lebron/wade/bosh). seems like everyone else is on the decline, except maybe OKC - who I see having a sophomore slump, Portland style, after playing with house money this year.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I do not remember the severity of Howards injury
He tore his ACL basically upon arriving in Was.
confused.gif
You know I respect your NBA knowledge, but I just don't understand a lot of the specific pts you're making about the 'Zards.

He keeps piling on the injuries. He can still play though.
This mostly doesn't apply to anyone. Injuries are cumulative, if they're not broken bones. Besides, injury is a skill.

This is like that Ginobili argument we were having b4. Ginobili still totally shows bursts of athleticism now and then, imo, but it's fallen off on average. Howard haven't shown anything near his peak in 3 years. Miller can still be a efficient, but he's not near the starter/constant threat he used to be.

As for Boykins, trust me, they love to let him play. His stats #, especially minutes aren't indicative because there are nights when he plays a minute of two and then there are nights when he played 20 minutes or more. Washington is one of the games I've seen the most, I don't know why NBA TV kept broadcasting their games, I think it's because Arenas returned and hey were stuck with showing it the whole season? But yeah, every time I see them play, Boykins always gets good minutes.
This whole paragraph is just
puzzled.gif
to me. If they love to see him play long stretches some nights, but only minutes some nights, then how does that mean that they love to let him play? Now that they've acquired John Wall and Hinrich, how do you think Boykins will possibly make the team? There's like a 75% chance that Boykins is unsigned throughout the season, and maybe 20% of that is in case of random injuries during the year.

Boykins is old, tiny, hadn't played 2 years ago, and showed NOTHING this past year. Even if he's a coach's pet, there's no way he contributes to a logjam at PG.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nothing wrong with firing pritchard if they hire a better gm like presti to replace him. yes pritchard has been one of the better gms in the league the past few years, but im assuming paul allen is aiming hi.
I don't think that's the case, though. For some reason, Paul Allen has just been really critical of Pritchard recently. I think they fired his assistant GM or something sort of like a warning shot. I don't think they did it because they had a successor lined up or anything like that. Re worst teams: Atlanta will absolutely qualify with Crawford taking over many of JJ's minutes. Toronto will be awful defensively. Charlotte probably isn't getting any better. NJ will probably still be poor. Golden State will be terrible because no matter how much talent they have, Don Nelson will find a way to ******* all up.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The main thing I don't understand is why anyone cannot agree that the Wiz is clogged up in the PG position. Ok, sure, Boykins maybe out, Livingston might not play but in the time being, they are in the roster with Wall, Arenas, Foye and Hinric, which are all true PGs. That really was the only point I wanted to throw out there, the discussion really should have ended severals pages ago.

Last thing I am going to say about the Wiz is that they should just drop Arenas while they can. His contract is ridiculous and got paid so much w/o playing in the past few years and he is still slated to get paid $18m-$22m till the 2013/2014 season.

As for bad teams next season, no question Cleveland drops like an anvil if Lebron leaves. Bosh is going for sure and he has stated over the weekend that Miami is a top contender, that will be very interesting. Hedo is also asking to be let go so the Raptors will be back as a draft lottery team.

As for other team, we really have to wait what happens after the free agency concludes this summer since so many team could have such big changes with all these big names uncertainty.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so ESPN "sources" (whatever the hell that means) say that most likely Chicago will end up with a Rose-xxx-Lebron-Bosh-Noah lineup
bounce2.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bBoy JEe
According to Steven A. Smith, LeBron and Bosh are both going to join Wade in Miami....
2004 Lakers all over again.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, unlike the 2004 Lakers, this one is filled with young up players who hasn't hit their peak yet, while that Lakers team added 2 aging players, who were still good, but were on a decline.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, unlike the 2004 Lakers, this one is filled with young up players who hasn't hit their peak yet, while that Lakers team added 2 aging players, who were still good, but were on a decline.
I'm referring more to the egos. I think Bosh could co-exist with Wade or James. I don't think Wade and James can play together with only one basketball.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's true, hopefully their "friendship" are big enough to prevent the locker room from imploding.

bBoy JEe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I'm referring more to the egos. I think Bosh could co-exist with Wade or James. I don't think Wade and James can play together with only one basketball.

Not only that, but can you imagine the amount of foul calls during one of their games?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads