• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
so ESPN "sources" (whatever the hell that means) say that most likely Chicago will end up with a Rose-xxx-Lebron-Bosh-Noah lineup
bounce2.gif

Originally Posted by bBoy JEe
According to Steven A. Smith, LeBron and Bosh are both going to join Wade in Miami....
once again proving that so-called sources really don't know ****
lol8[1].gif
although for my and my hometown's sake i hope that Screamin' A. Smith is right for once

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wade and Lebron can play together. actually they will make the game much easier for each other. the question is will they. if all they want is to win championships, then they will all join up in Miami. if they want to trade away a higher chance at winning a title in exchange for still being the alpha dog, then i guess Lebron can take Bosh to Chicago, Wade can "settle" for JJ and Amare, and they can duke it out in the East Finals. for one thing, i can't think of two faster players with the ball than Wade and Lebron, so they will have great fun running their opponents into the ground. and imagine running a pick and roll/pop with those two and either Bosh or Amare, with two of the guys in the action and the third diving to the offensive glass. unstoppable. also, Derrick Rose needs the ball in his hands just as much as Wade does, so i'm not sure how Lebron would "like that better". finally, i am sure Pat Riley is pointing to these guys that of all the teams with max cap space, only his team is located in a state without income tax
bigstar[1].gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Still don't know how wade and lebron's games compliment eachother at all. Neither are great outside shooters and probably best to say "streaky" which means they don't have a good shot but since they shoot so much they get on hot streaks sometimes. They also like isolation plays to drive to the basket and aren't keen on playing off the ball. How again is this a match made in heaven? Sure they'd be good on fastbreaks but you don't need to be a superstar to be good at that. Just surround lebron with some athletic slashers like a gerald wallace type and then a few shifty quick shooters like what the suns generally run.

Thing with rose is that he's a true point and is fine playing off the ball and distributing. Plus he's a lock down defender on point guards (and the PG position has become key for many teams lately). Wade and Lebron are not PGs at all. People are crazy saying that both are as good as PGs just because they rack up assists. With how terribly slow both are at getting teams into the offense and how much they slow down general ball movement and making passes that aren't supposed to turn into assists (just to move the ball around and create spacing) it's quite obvious they're just good passers for scorers and not points.

Still don't think it makes a ton of sense having two guys with mirror games just different heights as the 2 key features. Would make a lot more sense for one of those two to play with Bosh than to play with eachother. Bosh's outside-in game (much like Pau Gasol) compliments them much much more. Or if they wanted another guard what a Chris Paul or Deron Williams. I think Deron Williams would be better to play with wade/lebron though because he's a more accurate shooter and a bit more used to defering while Paul is the kinda PG that likes to take control of the game himself and who is best when he asserts himself

How about make 2 teams with 1 of each of the following, wade/lebron, bosh/amare, paul/williams. I know paul and williams are FAs but at least paul wants to be traded. Impossible with salaries but would be fun

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So many damn rumors floating around. I keep reading that Lebron is looking for a place or buying a house or apartment at NY and then Chicago in the neighborhood where Obama lives and then in Miami by the beach.
lol8[1].gif
So much BS floating around, I can't wait til July 1st comes.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Still don't know how wade and lebron's games compliment eachother at all. Neither are great outside shooters and probably best to say "streaky" which means they don't have a good shot but since they shoot so much they get on hot streaks sometimes. They also like isolation plays to drive to the basket and aren't keen on playing off the ball. How again is this a match made in heaven? Sure they'd be good on fastbreaks but you don't need to be a superstar to be good at that. Just surround lebron with some athletic slashers like a gerald wallace type and then a few shifty quick shooters like what the suns generally run. Thing with rose is that he's a true point and is fine playing off the ball and distributing. Plus he's a lock down defender on point guards (and the PG position has become key for many teams lately). Wade and Lebron are not PGs at all. People are crazy saying that both are as good as PGs just because they rack up assists. With how terribly slow both are at getting teams into the offense and how much they slow down general ball movement and making passes that aren't supposed to turn into assists (just to move the ball around and create spacing) it's quite obvious they're just good passers for scorers and not points. Still don't think it makes a ton of sense having two guys with mirror games just different heights as the 2 key features. Would make a lot more sense for one of those two to play with Bosh than to play with eachother. Bosh's outside-in game (much like Pau Gasol) compliments them much much more. Or if they wanted another guard what a Chris Paul or Deron Williams. I think Deron Williams would be better to play with wade/lebron though because he's a more accurate shooter and a bit more used to defering while Paul is the kinda PG that likes to take control of the game himself and who is best when he asserts himself
i agree it's not the perfect team. maybe of the marquee FA's i think a combo of Wade/JJ/Bosh is the most complementary because of the offensive spacing, ability to hit from multiple ranges, rebounding and versatility. but i still believe Wade and Lebron would make a killer combo. consider the following plays: pick and roll at top of the key. Wade comes so hard and quick off a pick that he always draws two guys. Lebron can shoot midrange (where he's actually very good), shoot from 3, get an alley-oop, or dive in to get an offensive board. Lebron iso. Wade waits for a kickout, cuts in, or goes to the offensive glass. with Wade on the other side of the floor, no one will ever be able to collapse on Lebron like they have now, so his life is so much easier. they can be fresher too, not needing to carry an offense for 45 minutes. i also see Rose as sort of a Wade clone with a worse midrange shot (at the moment). maybe it's because i only saw him in the playoffs and when he came to play the Heat, but i don't see him as playing well off the ball at all either. he's also not that great an assist man or offense facilitator yet, either (he's likely get better, but he doesn't look like a natural like CP3/Nash/Rondo). so any discussion about Lebron not fitting in with Wade should be a similar discussion about how he can play with Rose.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
lol. guys, there is no chance of 3 of those megasuperstars playing on the same team. They don't care as much about winning as you think. They want to make money and increase their "brand". No way they're taking a paycut or going to play second or third banana like pierce/garnett/allen. Maybe in their early 30s like those guys they'd team up or something but each of them want to be "the man" despite what they say.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^yeah, just like we hand delivered the Larry O'Brien to Gary, Kobe, Karl and Shaq a few years back
devil.gif

sellahi22

Reaction score
Most of the Lebron rumors are bullshit misdirection coming out of Lebron's "camp". Read this article by Adrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo) discussing a possible schism between Mav Carter and WW Wes. It specifically mentions how those guys control certain journalists and plant stories.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._as_lac_owner/

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I swear to God the BS is wearing on me. People act like there is a line of guys willing to hand out max contract after max contract and be happy to do it. If any team signs two of the big name free agents its will be a major ******* coup. There is no way any team will end up with three of them.

As for the players, they should be thanking anyone willing to sign them for 100 plus million, not acting like they're the ones doing the team a favor and making all sorts of other demands (coaches, ect).

Also I can see the teams that get caught up in the moment and spending a few hundred million really, really regretting it. For example who ever signs Amare will be throwing good money after bad.
If I was a GM I'd be looking at one of these guys tops and several of the mid-level role players borderline starters or guys like David Lee, guys that play D, play hard and won't come onto to the team with a raft of demands, ego and expectations.

The one exception is if Chicago can in fact sign both Bosh and LeBron, those two with an already solid team would be scary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads