• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

loempiavreter

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone, I was at a New Year's party yesterday and guess who's mug showed up on the Beamer... M-o-M/Paul!

@Gramps
Welcome to the thread!

@Bunty
Thanks for the clarification about the leather bombers, epaulets removed hehe. There something alluring to those Leather bombers, maybe it's the fact that you had to go down somewhere different just to get them. But they was mainly a '68 thing?

Suede and leather Levi Trucker Jacket sure are expensive, saw a suede one new for the same price as getting a new suit:

Look at those prices, no wonder you would't take 'em off:
http://old.oipolloi.com/Store/OiPolloi-DII-3390-23-levis+vintage+.html
http://pedestoffershop.com/men/outerwear/levis-vintage-clothing/levis-vintage-type-3-trucker-jkt

I'm not at all sure about this being 80s.

The reason I say that is that I can recall from early 1968 'up North' there was already a vogue for Levis jackets in suede and in leather. They were pretty expensive, though, and not that many people had them.

The owner had it down to '70/ '71, quite late but it's from up north.

Last edited:

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy New Year everyone, I was at a New Year's party yesterday and guess who's mug showed up on the Beamer... M-o-M/Paul!
@Gramps
Welcome to the thread!
@Bunty
Thanks for the clarification about the leather bombers, epaulets removed hehe. There something alluring to those Leather bombers, maybe it's the fact that you had to go down somewhere different just to get them. But they was mainly a '68 thing?
Suede and leather Levi Trucker Jacket sure are expensive, saw a suede one new for the same price as getting a new suit:
Look at those prices, no wonder you would't take 'em off:
http://old.oipolloi.com/Store/OiPolloi-DII-3390-23-levis+vintage+.html
http://pedestoffershop.com/men/outerwear/levis-vintage-clothing/levis-vintage-type-3-trucker-jkt
The owner had it down to '70/ '71, quite late but it's from up north.

Absolutely Beautiful, would love one in leather.

harrysgame

Reaction score
I have a suede one. But alas its not a Levi one. Same details and looks like a Levi. Still nice though and fits me perfect. But i would like Levi one, and yes a leather one would be lovely. But im pretty sure Levi don't make the Leather ones anymore and even second hand ones i have seen over the past few years have fetched a good few hundred pounds. Will sold one on ebay a few weeks ago, it was in quite poor condition to be honest but it still fetched a couple of hundred.

Gramps

Reaction score
I used to have a Green Suede Levi's Trucker (with the leather collar like George Best), sold it to Mate when I ....... lets say "Grew Out" of it. In all honesty, I didnt find it an overly comfortable Jacket, but saying that neither are size 6 Shoes when youre an 8
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

Brideshead

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Welcome Graham. Happy New Year to all!

Just got round to watching / listening to What to Do. That Gingham checked Brutus is probably the one I had - one of only two non Ben Sherman or American BDs I bought.

Interesting about the perception of West London skinheads being that bit smarter, advanced. That was our perception also.

I agree entirely about the idea of a 'uniform' and with the fact that it was your duty almost to keep pushing the envelope while keeping to the basic code. In our case this might mean having more of something - say Ivy Shop shirts or a particular colour of, say, shoe that was hard to find.

Gramps

Reaction score
Last edited:

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: How was traditional skinhead fashion different from ska/rude boy fashion during the late 1960s and 70s?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads