• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Yorky

Reaction score
I love that stripes searsucker, number got a similar one l have neglected . The cliffs and the sunspecs at the end were particularly impressive . Going to northern England next week , l will see if l can get any good pics . .
Cheers the jacket isn't actually seersucker material, but it has that effect, the cliffs are at Filey near to what is called the Brigg, I call it The Yorkshire Mount Rushmore, you can just make out Boris's face in them🤣

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers the jacket isn't actually seersucker material, but it has that effect, the cliffs are at Filey near to what is called the Brigg, I call it The Yorkshire Mount Rushmore, you can just make out Boris's face in them🤣
Lol . Aye it is an interesting jacket . I wear it similarly to yourself with the only difference being red socks , my wee nod to skinhead.
I have never been to Filey but l know people who have . They never told me about the cliffs , so l will have to have a word 🤣🤩

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Let's talk about this. If this is true, it reframes everything for me. I knew about the collegiates and greasers. But it blows my mind that they were referred to as skinheads in America in the 60s.
Screenshot_20210617-123534~2.png

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet every country had their own take on it
Yeah like the Mods in London and Drugstore crowd in Paris. I wonder how much cross pollination was happening there but I’d guess not much.
I’ve seen some skins / suedes claim that their look borrowed from that of the Apollo era astronauts. The timing would be about right but I still find this to be a bit of a stretch.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My take is that it seemed to happen independently.
Having thought a little more about it, if the UK greebs were, by the late 60s, starting to borrow culturally from US Angels, then it is possible that the term did make the trip across the pond. But, yes, it's a bit of a stretch too.

Gsvs5

Reaction score

An enjoyable nostalgic read that mirrors the experience of many on here.

Inkss

Reaction score
Solovair Toast 'monkey shoes'
I actually like the look of these compared to their full-on take on the monkey boot. Prefer the original non-air monkey tread on trad chimpers.
solli.jpg

Yorky

Reaction score
A few pics seeing as we are in the final and its Wimbledon this weekend.
Sweatshirt with Year of England's last cup win and the year of my birth, my dad says that I watched it, but can't rember as I was only about 4 months old.
IMG_3483.jpg

A few new Fred Perry's
Navy untipped MiE
IMG_3605.jpg

Knitted FP top (salesman sample from TKMaxx) and black monkey jacket on the chair beside me.
IMG_0073.jpg

Sunspel Henley with an Italian affogato al caffe
IMG_3470.jpg

benj84

Reaction score
Sweatshirt with Year of England's last cup win and the year of my birth, my dad says that I watched it, but can't rember as I was only about 4 months old.View attachment 1636530
A few new Fred Perry's
Navy untipped MiE
View attachment 1636532
Knitted FP top (salesman sample from TKMaxx) and black monkey jacket on the chair beside me.
View attachment 1636533
View attachment 1636531
Are those adidas rekords

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Sweatshirt with Year of England's last cup win and the year of my birth, my dad says that I watched it, but can't rember as I was only about 4 months old.View attachment 1636530
A few new Fred Perry's
Navy untipped MiE
View attachment 1636532
View attachment 1636533
View attachment 1636531
I like that plain (untipped) MiE FP. I’ve got a vintage Navy one like that (my older one), and bought a few years ago the MiE Black (with yellow laurel) that is the same of one of the first I had early 80s.

02D36F12-D78B-4D9D-ACE6-611D56E2D27E.jpeg
Good luck for Sunday !

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.