• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

100Hands

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Here is the tag, and the message from the official Borrelli Instagram account. As you can see when your guard is down bc you are shopping at Harry Rosen (the last place you would expect a fake) it is very easy to get fooled by the tag.

In fact on their final cut website this exact shirt with this exact tag is still for sale and described as Luigi Borelli in their description

So it appears they have pulled down 3 of the 4 fake Borrelli shirts they were selling from the website...but they continue to sell the blue one. Do they think it is somehow better to sell only one fake instead of four??? :puzzled:

SirThopas

Reaction score
Bought my first 100 Hands shirt in the (current) Cavour sale. First impressions are very good. It’s from the Black Line, in Japanese indigo.

The 44, billed as equivalent to a standard 17.5, is not exactly roomy. I have a bit of a dad bod; normally I buy a 17 and find there’s ample room in the body, but this is more of a fitted look (which indeed is how it was billed).

DiminutiveDials

Reaction score
I wanted to chime in here since I was very excited to try on some of the 100Hands RTW shirt. I purchased the Gold Line Linen Dress Shirt from Harry Rosen (an official 100Hands menswear retailer in Canada). As soon as I opened the package, I was disappointed by the poor finishing and defects that you would assume a brand with a reputation for craftsmanship
would catch in their quality control process. Loose threads on two buttons and noticeable surface bumps on the fabric (photos included)

Additionally, this emphasis on "34 hours of painstaking handwork" seems like typical luxury house marketing. Most shirtmakers and seamstress will take 2-3 hrs to cut fabric and 2-3hrs to sew together a shirt. Not sure what they are doing with the remaining time.

Maybe they use a separate factory and staff for the RTW shirts that are sent to larger retailers. Regardless, customers should expect better when paying $400 - $500 USD for a shirt.
Yes - their only official retailer in Canada.
2024-04-21_16-43-12_152.jpeg

2024-04-21_16-43-38_807.jpeg 2024-04-21_16-43-20_534.jpeg

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to chime in here since I was very excited to try on some of the 100Hands RTW shirt. I purchased the Gold Line Linen Dress Shirt from Harry Rosen (an official 100Hands menswear retailer in Canada). As soon as I opened the package, I was disappointed by the poor finishing and defects that you would assume a brand with a reputation for craftsmanship
would catch in their quality control process. Loose threads on two buttons and noticeable surface bumps on the fabric (photos included)

Additionally, this emphasis on "34 hours of painstaking handwork" seems like typical luxury house marketing. Most shirtmakers and seamstress will take 2-3 hrs to cut fabric and 2-3hrs to sew together a shirt. Not sure what they are doing with the remaining time.

Maybe they use a separate factory and staff for the RTW shirts that are sent to larger retailers. Regardless, customers should expect better when paying $400 - $500 USD for a shirt.

View attachment 2174423
View attachment 2174427 View attachment 2174425
fabric looks like it's supposed to be like that—a slubby casual fabric, maybe with a linen component?
loose button hole thread is less than ideal however.

St1X

Reaction score

View attachment 2174423
View attachment 2174427 View attachment 2174425
Your shirt has hand made button holes, it takes a lot of time to make them.
The "bumps" you are complaining about are just a regular linen texture.
P.S. For RTW shirts they are cut in bulk and it would take 15 to 30 minutes to cut a few dozens of shirts. It all depends if there is a need to match a pattern

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads