• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers jackets turned up from the US today. Four days to get from Houston Texas and Midlothian Virginia to the UK, six days sat in a UK warehouse.
Italian made 1818 3/2 roll in navy and a Colombian made 346 in charcoal herringbone.
View attachment 1611217

£99/$139 all in. £60/$85 was postage and import duty. There's a better selection of gear in the US, so I'll just have to suck it up.

Beautiful finds, Inkss!

Swampster

Reaction score
Make sure you stock up on polka dot boxer shorts and sock garters!
My normal attire. Except on flag days when I follow Tim Brooke Taylor's example.

The (partial) suit was returned with no quibbles. I feared they would think I was after a spare pair of trousers.
Perhaps this is their idea of WFH smart - no need for trousers when you are on Zoom.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
This is a stock photo, I got the medium. Faux leather Levi's jacket. Apparently a hard to find item because there's no more on the Levi's website and I got the last one that was on eBay. There seems to be two versions one that has a zip concealed behind the snap button placket and then the one that I just ordered that has no zip (hopefully). Zipper on a Levi's trucker just seems too unorthodox for me.
Screenshot_20210520-013834~2.png

Inkss

Reaction score
This is a stock photo, I got the medium. Faux leather Levi's jacket. Apparently a hard to find item because there's no more on the Levi's website and I got the last one that was on eBay. There seems to be two versions one that has a zip concealed behind the snap button placket and then the one that I just ordered that has no zip (hopefully). Zipper on a Levi's trucker just seems too unorthodox for me. View attachment 1612697
Zipper and buttons seems a bit belt and braces, but would be a boon when it's breezy out or if you're riding a motorcycle.

Inkss

Reaction score
Was looking for some DM/Solovair boots. Saw these DM's going for £50
dm.jpg

Bought these Alfred Sargent 'Esher' jobs instead for £51/$72 :
cb1.jpg

I think because my last pair of DMs were such shite quality I decided not to risk it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics