• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Inkss

Reaction score
Picked up a coffee-coloured jacket in an Italian lightweight barleycorn wool/linen mix fabric for £25.
Probably gonna change the buttons to lighter coloured horn ones. Lapels a bit too wide, but apart from that, can't complain.
barley.jpg

Swainy 1969

Reaction score
Picked up a coffee-coloured jacket in an Italian lightweight barleycorn wool/linen mix fabric for £25.
Probably gonna change the buttons to lighter coloured horn ones. Lapels a bit too wide, but apart from that, can't complain.
View attachment 1201321
Love the colour. Very partial to brown- my favourite mac and Harrington are a similar colour.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1201321
Looks very like one I picked up from the Sally Army shop here - an M&S Italian range jacket.

Inkss

Reaction score
Saw an ice-blue M&S italian-range mohair three-button suit in a charity shop up near my mate's house. It was in immaculate condition, and as reasonably priced as rice. The jacket fitted me perfectly, which was a first. It meant it had to have been tailored at some point, because you can't buy off-the-peg for my frame outside of Bolivia.
The trousers were bloody pleated though. Untailorably pleated. I don't think the jacket would have worked as a separate. Pisser.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At £59 (unfinished) these are a bargain for something about as close as you will get to ice blue stapress

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Imo I find 100 percent cotton trousers don't keep a crease very well, needs a bit of poly fabric to be sure.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard starch is a pain in the arse and can destroy trousers, personally i just wear terylene and permanent press jobbers.

Nahh, it’s literally corn starch(you can make it with household ingredients), spray it in the inside of the trouser crease. Iron it dry and you’ll have razor-sharp creases. Yeah it won’t hold quite like mixed-fabric creases, but you’ll be much more comfortable.

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Watched a newly restored version of 'Jaws' at the cinema on 4th July and noticed many things that bypassed me as a kid. The fact that Mayor Larry Vaughn's tasteful combo comprises a shirt with a 3 or 4-finger button down collar, for example. I'm not sure how to describe the suit. 1562283023282.png

Kingstonian

Reaction score
Vintage new old stock Kings Rd four finger BD by Sears for sale on US ebay.
Works out to £27 delivered to the UK.
Too small for myself and my thick neck.
View attachment 1193295
View attachment 1193296
View attachment 1193298

‘Four finger’ button down?

That’s a new term. They used to be called spearpoint button down. There was no collar roll.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, the Friday Challenge 'Military Inspired' poll is now open:

Inkss

Reaction score
Watched a newly restored version of 'Jaws' at the cinema on 4th July and noticed many things that bypassed me as a kid. The fact that Mayor Larry Vaughn's tasteful combo comprises a shirt with a 3 or 4-finger button down collar, for example. I'm not sure how to describe the suit. View attachment 1202050
I think it's from the 'Beach Bastard' collection, by Bill Blass

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.