• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lemme just take off my specs so I can take you seriously... don’t mind my eye-bleeding, “tasteful”, Dacron polyester suit beast...

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score
Yeah I thought about that, but I'm not sure if the finished look would be any good. I will probably stick with the tucked in look.

I considered that, but I'm not sure if I'd be happy with the finished look. I think i'll stick to tucking them in.

How do others wear theirs?
Tucked in when required and untucked, when not. I'm a big punter for those BB Polo Shirts. The best I've come across though is Woolrich. They do one sans logo and it's pretty much a short-sleeved Smedly. Not cheap mind.

Natty Pinstripe

Reaction score
I am under the impression that button down collars/oxfords have always been readily available in the U.S. and have been consistently worn by men who no longer, or perhaps never, considered themselves "up to date", but an almost unconsidered classic. American males seem to be less fashion conscious than Europeans and often favour styles that appear "to them" inoffensive. That is not to say that they haven't always had a stylish contingent, but I think the whole American Male "macho" frontier/pioneer personae, has at times cast an interest in clothes as somewhat effeminate.

The Saint

Reaction score
They might have had their boots confiscated at the station (looks like a seaside pic) and had to buy some cheap footwear at short notice in the town.
Thinking about that practice now (the removal of boots) , it sounds like a breach of human rights . What authority did the police have to do that. .

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.