• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Inks

Reaction score
Longest owned ? I guess it's my Sebago penny loafers I bought from Russell & Bromley back in the early 90s. I've been married in them on three separate occasions. I've had them re-soled and heeled less times than I've been married, so I highly recommend them.
I've got an olive green unlined Harrington-style RL jacket I picked up in NY in '95 that's still going strong. Then again, I've probably been married more times than I've worn it.
Oldest actual clothing item ? Well, I've got a ton of NOS/deadstock clobber that probably dates back to the mid-sixties. My latest purchase was a pair of '63 ice-blue Haggar-prest flat-front with tags, still in the cellophane.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, aside from a deadstock Levi Type III jacket maybe a pair of DM's from 1989? Besides that it'd be my Grampy's scally cap from the '50s, though I don't really wear those hats so I don't know if it counts.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
My Church's Burwood, from mid-80s, are still gong strong...
And i've got a pocket square (from my father) that dates back to the 40s...

roytonboy

Reaction score
My Church's Burwood, from mid-80s, are still gong strong...
And i've got a pocket square (from my father) that dates back to the 40s...
Good call - I have a silk hankie my Granddad gave me in 1971. I wore it with a blazer then and wore it to a soul club only last year!

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Longest owned ? I guess it's my Sebago penny loafers I bought from Russell & Bromley back in the early 90s. I've been married in them on three separate occasions. I've had them re-soled and heeled less times than I've been married, so I highly recommend them.
I've got an olive green unlined Harrington-style RL jacket I picked up in NY in '95 that's still going strong. Then again, I've probably been married more times than I've worn it.
Oldest actual clothing item ? Well, I've got a ton of NOS/deadstock clobber that probably dates back to the mid-sixties. My latest purchase was a pair of '63 ice-blue Haggar-prest flat-front with tags, still in the cellophane.

The second or third Marriage - a great triumph for hope over experience!

My dad left me two excellent Tootal scarves from the 1960s, which are among my most treasured items.

Of the things I have bought myself my navy linen blazer by Kenzo from 1995 is still looking great after a little refurb and re-tailoring.

I wish I had kept my 1980s Sebagos but probably relegated them to gardening duties at some point. Lovely shoes.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That reminds me I have one of my Dad's Tootal - style scarfs. Satin paisley on one side and fine woven wool on the other. It's probably about as old as me.

I also paid six quid for a pocket square around 1980 - a small fortune to me in those days - which has four quarters each a different shade of red, and it still sees the light of day from time to time.

skinny legs

Reaction score
I have a 3 button Woodehouse hacking jacket, that was bought in 87.
It's a bit like those morbidly obese 40 stoners you see on Channel 5- only gets out the house a couple of times a year

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 button Woodehouse hacking jacket, that was bought in 87.
It's a bit like those morbidly obese 40 stoners you see on Channel 5- only gets out the house a couple of times a year
That was one of the few shops (along with Stanley Adams) that kept me going in the dark days of the mid 70s.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Levi Trucker jacket from the late 1970s - might be the early 80s - which I don't wear because it's an M and I'm an L. My last piece of 'original' gear was a striped Ben Sherman I bought in 1968, and which Mrs Mystery wore as a painting smock in the late 1980s. Long gone now.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a short sleeve Henley t-shirt by Prewtex( it says Made in Gt.Britain on the label which shows how old it is) and a suit that was hand made in 1966. .
satisfied.gif

I have a few vintage ties that I have hung onto for goodness knows how long , my wife is always telling me that I need to do a clear out . .
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads