• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree that our shoes are a work in progress but do not think they are a stretch too far.

We have done some unusual stuff and no not think that we cannot excel in shoe making either.

At the risk of sounding arrogant, we are not trying to compete with the brands mentioned above at all. Finishing wise, they may be ahead but quality wise, we are not behind and probably ahead in many regards. We are working towards bringing you the iconic Foster and sons quality and we know we will get there.

Our value preposition will be unmatched.

Feedback remains the most important tool here. If we can know specific areas where our shoes are lacking in quality, workmanship or finish, we can target those and eliminate.

I can't comment on quality or workmanship, but I'd recommend you to focus on creating attractive lasts.

Have a look at the shoesnobblog for example, and the many examples of bespoke shoes on there, in particular those from Japanese bespoke makers. The last shape is probably the single most important determinant for creating an attractive shoe.

calypso

Reaction score
I humbly ask for critique of my first bunch of shirts from luxire.
What changes do you think I should make for the next order?

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have real life experience with the navy cotton pique and linen/cotton pique? I've got both the swatches but interested how they make up, if the linen mix is worth the price difference.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire double breasted Casentino over coat with hip patch pockets.

Non-kissing, functional buttons on sleeve

Arrow head stitch on top of inverted pleat.

Last edited:

Iipe

Reaction score
@calypso tell them to adjust for sloping shoulders and to try and get rid of excess fabric at the nack either by adding darts or reducing the fabric at the back.

I would also increase the chest measurement a bit to get more room there.

Also, the length could be shortened, especially if mostly worn untucked. If always tucked, the length is ok.

Pb924

Reaction score
@calypso Shirt looks great. I agree with maybe trying to do something for a slight sloping shoulder. Is that a standard collar or did you provide custom measurements?

LoKey

Reaction score
I humbly ask for critique of my first bunch of shirts from luxire.
What changes do you think I should make for the next order?

If you decide to increase the chest measurements, you can request to have it added just to the front panel since the back has excess fabric already.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Casentino looks very nice. Inverted pleat and belt are very sharp. Nicely done.

And on the topic of the shoes: I think it's missing the point to assume that Luxire's value is in being the low-priced option. This applies to everything they offer, of course. Not just shoes.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire, are the linen fabrics back ordered/OOS during the recent sale? It is very unusual that I have not receive any dispatch confirmation compared to previous orders. It seems like it is taking a little longer than usual. Just checking. Thanks

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I can't comment on quality or workmanship, but I'd recommend you to focus on creating attractive lasts.

Have a look at the shoesnobblog for example, and the many examples of bespoke shoes on there, in particular those from Japanese bespoke makers. The last shape is probably the single most important determinant for creating an attractive shoe.

Another thing to think about would be creating test pairs that are more mainstream and accepted by the masses to create a gallery which is appealing to many. I realize a bespoke shoe is for creating something totally unique but I think it is tough for people to visualize Luxire as providing a standard dress shoe or boot when they are seeing photos of only unique looking shoes.

calypso

Reaction score
@calypso Shirt looks great. I agree with maybe trying to do something for a slight sloping shoulder. Is that a standard collar or did you provide custom measurements?

Thanks everyone!
it's just a standard collar, but on my next order I will probably ask them to have it customized...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads