• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If be interested in this as well. What do most of you guys wear as odd trousers in warmer months? I have some hopsack pants that are pretty much a year round weight, but I'd like to start getting more season specific stuff.

I would be interested in tropical wool trousers as well. Medium to dark grey.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What would tropical wool be? Ain't Minnis Fresco / Dugdale "New Fine Worsted" tropical wool?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to do a brief review/ comparison on Luxires linen because I've been so impressed.

I've got 3 of their linens;

My favourite is the Blue Chambray, which just edges out the pencil stripes, which just edges out the end-on-end. I highly recommend them all.

Blue Chambray:
  • a great shade of light blue
  • a stiffer and more 'coarse' type linen, which is still very comfortable and light, just not baby soft like the end-on-end linen
  • due to the relative stiffness, it seems to hang and crease in a better way than the others (cant really put my finger on it...)

Pencil stripes:
  • very light and thin material, and maybe only barely see-through
  • great colour/ stripe setup

Blue end-on-end:
  • sky blue type shade
  • very soft and comfortable

I think the structure of the chambray linen, and its shade are what make it my favourite. The end-on-end is a very sky blue and probably a bit light for my complexion. Saying that, the 2 shades are quite similar, so your friends likely wouldn't notice the difference between the 2 shirts (and there might not be enough of a difference to get both).

Shirts are English spread, unfused, light lining

Just wanted to say I really appreciate the comparison, but the extremely poor lighting really doesn't do much for actually basing anything. I have the end-on-end and the pencil stripe linen. Though I believe the End-on-end I have is not soft. I constantly wonder if I received the Chambray instead and just don't know, since I never got a comparison. Or maybe my idea of 'soft' isn't the same as yours. Either way, I love it.

I've also got the blue houndstooth, which is my favorite shirt, right next to the pencil stripe. I wear that casually all the time and always, always get compliments from any kind of crowd.

Last edited:

Bakkerrr

Reaction score
What's the name of that blue houndstooth fabric at Luxire's site? That is really an amazing looking shirt.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
: ) Already have the swatch... Maybe after the two being made now, I'll turn to summer fabrics again.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the end on end, and chambray. I think there is definitely a case to own both. The chambray is significantly different in colour. It's also quite a bit coarser and heavier. It doesn't crease nearly as much as a regular linen.

For me, the chambray makes it's way out on 24-29 C days, but over that it would be too hot and I'd reach for a softer, lighter linen.

Got my chambray with brown coconut buttons and a hidden BD collar, looks awesome.

The end on end I went with an unlined Mercer BD collar, which is perfect since it's such a soft material.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
: ) Already have the swatch... Maybe after the two being made now, I'll turn to summer fabrics again.
It's summer all year around. I've been sending Luxire emails asking about some other shades of linen. No responses, but it's a bit early for requests.

More comparison pictures. And yes, before anyone asks, it's the goddamn NOBD collar. Now don't ask.

And I suck at ironing. But this stuff wrinkles almost as I iron!

Pencil Stripe (Worn once, needs ironed), Blue Micro-Gingham (Actually micro hounds-tooth) and End On End.

Closeup.

Renalan

Reaction score
Just received a recent order a few weeks ago and a few comments.

Something is up with either the thread tension or thread material for button flies. I snapped two threads on the button fly just undoing the buttons out of the box.

This could be 50/50 due to lack of specificity on my part , but I asked for a drawstring cuff and the pants came with the drawstring on the external side of the cuff.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's summer all year around. I've been sending Luxire emails asking about some other shades of linen. No responses, but it's a bit early for requests. More comparison pictures. And yes, before anyone asks, it's the goddamn NOBD collar. Now don't ask. And I suck at ironing. But this stuff wrinkles almost as I iron! Pencil Stripe (Worn once, needs ironed), Blue Micro-Gingham (Actually micro hounds-tooth) and End On End. Closeup.
Get yourself a steam generator. Anyone who irons their own shirts should have one of these. Saves so much time, and makes it much, much easier to iron things like linens and shirts with high thread counts. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a steam generator. Anyone who irons their own shirts should have one of these. Saves so much time, and makes it much, much easier to iron things like linens and shirts with high thread counts.

One of the best purchases I've ever made.
I have one. I've decided I could be more thorough with an iron. It takes WAY more time, but..

A) Irons just work better for getting creases out that have been in for a while, like when I wash it and hang it, then forget to iron it for... a week.
B) I like to watch the wrinkles disappear as I roll over the iron. It's up there with popping bubble wrap and peeling the scratch protector off of new cellphone screens.

Jorme

Reaction score
What would tropical wool be? Ain't Minnis Fresco / Dugdale "New Fine Worsted" tropical wool?

From Minnis's website :
Fresco
(Volume: 358-E) Patented by our sister company Martin Sons & Co, in 1907, this is truly the original travel suiting. Designed with a high twist worsted yarn and porous plain weave, Fresco is a crisp, cool, crease resistant cloth, perfect for summer wear, even in the hottest of climates. Available in three weights, Fresco is light and breathable, and with a composition of 100% wool, it is also strong and durable.

From Dugdale's website it looks like their Cape Breeze collection is tropical:

Cape Breeze is a sophisticated 240gms/8ozs plain weave fabric. Combining luxurious super 100's wool with summer kid mohair.
This cloth offers an ideal composition and construction for wear in extremes of heat and humidity.
The elegant, modern patterns ensure luxury, performance and style in equal measure.

Their Fine Worsted sounds like it would work for summer too:

This classic collection of plain weave suiting, in pure new wool is ideal for wear through spring, summer and autumn.
It offers the wearer comfort through its open construction, which allows air to move through the garment. Enhanced performance comes from a slight 'uptwist' to the yarn.
A suit in this fabric will shed creases more readily and retain its shape over longer periods

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Get yourself a steam generator. Anyone who irons their own shirts should have one of these. Saves so much time, and makes it much, much easier to iron things like linens and shirts with high thread counts.

One of the best purchases I've ever made.
I have one. I've decided I could be more thorough with an iron. It takes WAY more time, but..

A) Irons just work better for getting creases out that have been in for a while, like when I wash it and hang it, then forget to iron it for... a week.
B) I like to watch the wrinkles disappear as I roll over the iron. It's up there with popping bubble wrap and peeling the scratch protector off of new cellphone screens.
Really? I am surprised, my SG works 10x better than any iron I have encountered. Each to their own!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads