1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Bubble water

Bubble water Active Member

Thanks, didn't notice that one.

But does it still fade? Or is it already sanforized and all that stuff?

2. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

Sanforized only restricts shrinking, however I could be mistaken. I have only had mine for a couple of weeks, which is not enough time for fading.

DL-

3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

@luxire - Any chance for a medium brown stripe, moss green stripe, and burgundy stripe linens for shirts? Small gingham patterns of these would work too.. Preferably some cotton mixed in? :-D

Thought I was done with Linen. But all of it is shades of blue/indigo!

4. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Would love a lilac linen end on end like the famous NOBD blue end on end linen

Also, maybe a light purple dress stripe seersucker

5. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

WANTED: A simple grey stripe dress shirt

1 person likes this.
  6. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

This has been a common repeat requests for a few months now.

7. TRMay

TRMay Member

Here's my second pair of overalls in the Dugdale Royal Classic - Light Grey Birdseye. A couple things off: the waistband is split, and is about an inch and a half too high, but other than that, I'm pretty happy. Think on the next pair we'll get rid of the side buttons and make the whole vest portion a little more low profile. The shirt is also from Luxire: Classic Blue Oxford with hidden placket, hidden button down, single link cuffs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    4 people like this.
  8. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

9. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Yes to grey/white stripe and brown/white stripe dress shirt fabrics.

1 person likes this.
  10. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I have the raw Luxire denim. I really like them. Much bluer than the other colours. Check out swisssartorialist tumblr for some of his pics.

11. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

What fabric did you order ? And the price ?

12. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Planning on making an order in about a month or so, and I am wondering if I could get some suggestions from the group.

I am looking to place an order or 3-5 shirts, and maybe a pair of pants. Already have my shirt sizing pretty dialed in. I am looking for a casual shirt, that I will be wearing mostly with jeans and chinos, and sometimes under really casual suits/ odd jacket and trouser combo (for work). I currently have 4 shirts; a white oxford cloth button down (OCBD), a light blue OCBD, a grey OCBD, and a light blue mini houndstooth shirt with a spread collar (my more formal shirt).

I am planning on ordering a shirt made in the slubby denim chambray for sure, and probably a pink OCBD. Do you guys have any other suggestions? I love oxfords, and I obviously think blue would be nice and versatile. I was thinking of some kind of blue stripe, maybe a blue gingham. I'm open to any color though. Trying to keep the price point around $80 ish, or less, but would splurge for something that warranted it.

Edit: Forgot to mention I am currently having a Noragi made up in the dark indigo denim chambray, by Luxire. Just have yet to receive it (not a complaint, it hasn't been long).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  13. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

http://luxire.com/products/blue_micro_gingham_checks

Can't go wrong with gingham.

I went into paypal and noticed the exchange rate from CDN to US is rape. I paid $115 for a shirt with shipping and Paypal charged me $130 :fu:

This will be my last shirt expensive shirt for a while. I"m going to stick to the $70 ones

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  14. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Senior member

Shirt made in Royal Oxford fabric With Contrast Button-Holes...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Senior member

Casual Summer Shirt......

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Choc duck canvas, $115 including shipping. It's so crazy cheap I really have to restrain myself from just ordering another 10 pants right away (have to visit my tailor to see what he thinks should be changed before next order).

17. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Woops I had actually meant that question to be for Henry Carter.

Regardless, does duck canvas hold a crease well? It's always seemed a bit casual to me to be used for dress trousers, but I could be proven wrong. I've only seen it on Epaulet chinos. HY seems to use the lighter stuff.

18. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

It does hold a crease well when the pants are new. They're almost stiff as cardboard when unwashed (which I like). They will be used as casual trousers (just slightly dressier than chinos).

19. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior member

That duck canvas looks great EFV.

Do you guys have any guidelines for 4 season pants (given winter will be no colder than, say, 10 degrees celsius and summers up to high 20's) for a business casual environment?

What weight should I be looking at? I was thinking 2 cottons (cream + khaki?), 1 wool in a lighter weight (mid-grey?) and one linen (choc brown?)? Perhaps even the off white bull denim...(very CASUAL business).

4 season wise, I already have navy cotton, fawn cotton, grey cotton. But I'm not terribly happy with any of them and want to 'luxire' my pants wardrobe.

Normally I just try pants on and buy them based on weight, drape etc. So I'm a bit stuck looking at weights, various plies, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Don't mind wrinkles at all, but like to hold, at least, somehwhat of a crease.

20. bruce wayne1411

bruce wayne1411 Member

Looks like quality shirts. I will add this to my wishlist of custom shirts to try