• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire fanboy here...

If you are an existing Luxire customer, or have at the very least found this thread useful, what difference would Simon's opinion have at this point? There's enough information in here to make a responsible decision.

The reality of Simon's audience is no different than the people who follow those "alpha male" or dating YouTube channels. I highly doubt the people who can actually afford bespoke suits every month are wasting their time clamming away on the internet LoL.

I think Simon's article was very fair in the context it was written. I just don't believe his opinion on Luxire is any more valuable than the community of customers who frequent this thread.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my eyes this is the most important sentence in simon cromptons review.

"Overall, the fit and the value of Luxire is good."

He shows that luxire is very capable of copying other products and high light the issue of not beeing able to inspect the fabric before ordering. And clearly he is a bit of a online mtm novice as he did not ask them to pre-wash the shirt fabric. ;)

crisscross

Reaction score
Long time lurker here but active reader, I really don't think "malicious" is the word I would choose. I did however find the review to be lazy. The review compared the quality of Luxire shirts with the likes of 100hands which twice as much but this was left out of the review.

I would have really liked a more objective review of Luxire with offerings in the same ballpark comparing it to something servicing a very different market gives me very little to go with.

Gregbird

Reaction score
@Gregbird do you have a personal opinion on Luxire itself?
In one phrase, quirky, but nice. About 4 years ago big bro gave me a $100 giftcard. I bought a shirt at 69.99 in, was lustrous fine white, i guess, and I still wear it. Have since got many stuff from here. Brother briefly hated lux and stopped using the service due to some service issue but resumed. Says there's none other. Whilst he was angry both tried a few more. I haven't had issues, except for delays. Last order arrived this week. 6 days from order to delivery, 2 shirt 1 pant.
My daily job is in online marketing. Data analysis displays the review harms lux. I wrote to lux. Someone replied - all opinions are respected and they did not feel impact of harm. "We like criticism as it helps us get better". First thought - [why the f*** shud I care]. Next, wrote to simon, wrote here, doing more study. Easy work days.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First part of my BF order arrived a couple of days ago. This is my 9th order from lux and the first one with issues regarding the items. In short the navy pique was supposed to be made as a LS polo, but were made as a shirt. The navy chino is supposedly 100 % cotton, but has stretch. Both issues were nicely solved by CS and I look forward to ordering from lux again.
IMG_20191230_150159.jpg

Boggis

Reaction score
Gents,

I'm considering purchasing a pair of trousers from Luxire. Can anyone advise whether body measurements or garment measurements are the way to go?

Thanks

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

I'm considering purchasing a pair of trousers from Luxire. Can anyone advise whether body measurements or garment measurements are the way to go?

Thanks

Maybe a combination. With pictures of the measured trousers and pictures of what kind of result you want. And if in doubt make them a little large as it is easy to have tailor remove fabric.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
And clearly he is a bit of a online mtm novice as he did not ask them to pre-wash the shirt fabric. ;)
I was under the impression that Luxire always prewashes fabric where appropriate? Having said that, I've experienced unwanted shrinkage several times with both shirts and trousers. Canvas cotton especially seems vulnerable to shrinkage.

Boggis

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I'll go with the garment measurements + photos approach. Good shout on erring on the larger side with measurements!

Edit, actually on consideration I have a pair of trousers I hade made in Vietnam that fit me quite well, but are made from some sort of awful synthetic. I think I'll send them in instead as I can live without them for a few weeks.

Last edited:

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Thanks

i sent in a sample set of pants that fit well and it got me 90% of the way there on the first go around. Very happy, 2nd pair is a near perfect fit...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads