• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A little heads up on a coupon code that has just gone live on the website. 13% off your basket when you type in 13OFF upon checkout. Available from now until Sunday.

Anyone lusting after those beautiful watch straps might want to take advantage!

(I'm still waiting on one for me!)
Dawn

Has this deal expired? Have been wanting to try Equus, didn't realize there was a sale going on... Is there a deal for getting multiple belts?

I have 2 stupid brooks brothers belts that are only 1 1/16", so I want to get black and burgundy 1 1/4" or 1 3/8". I also need a mid-brown belt, but Equus does not seem to have that base covered, just dark brown, red browns, and light/tan.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Has this deal expired? Have been wanting to try Equus, didn't realize there was a sale going on... Is there a deal for getting multiple belts?

I have 2 stupid brooks brothers belts that are only 1 1/16", so I want to get black and burgundy 1 1/4" or 1 3/8". I also need a mid-brown belt, but Equus does not seem to have that base covered, just dark brown, red browns, and light/tan.

"Fraid so, sorry! The 10% coupon still works though, not quite as good but nearly! The VAT deduction will also apply to you I think as well so a pretty good deduction for one or multiple belts.

The Oxford Tan is more or less mid brown, that might be OK for you? Very happy to send samples if that would help?

Charlie

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charlie, funny coincidence, a guy who sells some small leather goods at the German equivalent of Styleforum received a batch of French linen threads this week as well, they could very possibly be the same you received there.
Those are the same thread Hermes uses for their leather goods, right?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Charlie, funny coincidence, a guy who sells some small leather goods at the German equivalent of Styleforum received a batch of French linen threads this week as well, they could very possibly be the same you received there.
Those are the same thread Hermes uses for their leather goods, right?

Yes, them exactly. The thread is called Lin Cable, made entirely in France. Its used by Hermes and quite a number of smaller leather goods makers. Its a good way of judging quality I think, if you have someone using thread that expensive in their work the chances are the rest of the materials are good and they are serious about making a good product.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick photo of a key fob I made for myself earlier in Dark Brown Barenia with Light Brown Lin Cable stitching. I rather like it, might have to make some in Gold Barenia with sterling silver split rings or some nice brass snap hooks for Christmas!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Few more photos for people,

First of all, I havent posted a belt photo for ages! This is our rather lovely Oak Brown Bridle leather from Bakers of Colyton in Devon

Now, Ive been doing quite a bit of watch strap development work recently so have just taken a batch of photos

First up, the same Oak Brown leather as used above, but thinned down substantially. It has lovely character and to me sums up what leather should be - beautiful, characterful, individual and robust. This is our Oak Brown bridle leather watch strap

These are some photos of the Goatskin watch straps we've been working on recently. I love the grain and character the goat has, its fully aniline, plus it makes a really comfortable slim strap. They are now live on the website here

The Tangerine with Ecru Lin Cable

The Storm Grey with Mouse Grey Lin Cable

And lastly British Racing Green with Brick Lin Cable

And so ends the photo overload!

Charlie

bozzkeren

Reaction score
Hi Charlie, does bridle have good water resistance property?
looking for good leather strap that can withstand my sweaty arm
facepalm.gif

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Charlie, does bridle have good water resistance property?
looking for good leather strap that can withstand my sweaty arm  :facepalm:

Bridle leather is heavily waxed when its made, thats what makes it bridle leather. Its designed to be used outdoors in the weather so it is pretty robust stuff. I think you'd probably be fine with one. Certainly I tend to wear the same strap day in day out in the workshop its absolutely fine in whats quite an tough environment.

Hope thats some help,

Charlie

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great pics Charlie! I'm eagerly awaiting my oak brown belt. This pic made that quite a bit harder!

barky

Reaction score
Hi Charlie, may I know the thickness of your watch straps and do they taper towards the end? Also, does it come in shorter lengths?

Edit : will you be making one in darker grey?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stylo90