• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
So the oak brown watch strap for my Panerai arrived today, and I must say I'm very pleased with it!

The leather looks as good as a watch strap as it does as a belt, and the construction is top notch. I have a few custom straps from respected Panerai strap makers and I think this one is as good or better made than most of them. I was hoping that the strap wasn't too thick to wear under a long sleeve cuff, and it happily, it does get under the sleeves of most of my long sleeve shirts (well, it gets under the shirt sleeve I was wearing today, but it's the same cuff size as most shirts I own). This should allow me to wear this strap year round, which I definitely plan on doing. (most aftermarket Panerai straps I have are too thick to wear with long sleeves, so my options in the fall/winter are usually limited)

I asked for no holes to be punched on the strap so I can punch the one-hole for my wrist. I've done it before but it was a bit nerve wracking with this one since I really didn't want to screw it up. By the time I punched it, it was pretty late in the evening, so I'll probably throw a daytime picture up tomorrow.

Some unboxing pics:

Nice presentation box.

Straight out of the box.

Mounted on the PAM312 without the hole punched yet.

Anyway, I think Charlie did a great job with this strap. I would definitely recommend it.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So the oak brown watch strap for my Panerai arrived today, and I must say I'm very pleased with it!

The leather looks as good as a watch strap as it does as a belt, and the construction is top notch. I have a few custom straps from respected Panerai strap makers and I think this one is as good or better made than most of them. I was hoping that the strap wasn't too thick to wear under a long sleeve cuff, and it happily, it does get under the sleeves of most of my long sleeve shirts (well, it gets under the shirt sleeve I was wearing today, but it's the same cuff size as most shirts I own). This should allow me to wear this strap year round, which I definitely plan on doing. (most aftermarket Panerai straps I have are too thick to wear with long sleeves, so my options in the fall/winter are usually limited)

I asked for no holes to be punched on the strap so I can punch the one-hole for my wrist. I've done it before but it was a bit nerve wracking with this one since I really didn't want to screw it up. By the time I punched it, it was pretty late in the evening, so I'll probably throw a daytime picture up tomorrow.

Some unboxing pics:

Nice presentation box.

Straight out of the box.

Mounted on the PAM312 without the hole punched yet.

Anyway, I think Charlie did a great job with this strap. I would definitely recommend it.

Glad you like it :)

The watch straps are fun things and have been subject to quite a bit of development work recently - we must get the website with new photos!

Look forward to a photo of the strap on your wrist!

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Charlie,

Will you be putting your wallets up on your site?

Yes, definitely. I'm just sorting out lining leathers at the moment. The range and choices will be small to start of with but will get wider as we develop patterns and get more leathers. We'll start of with the Saddle hide card cases with grained goat linings I think

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ive just spent a frustrating 20 minuites trying to photograph one of todays straps. This is Australian Nut, 18mm, black edges and dark brown thread. The photo doesnt do justice to the leather, the Bakers Australian Nut is very hard to photograph well, the Oak Brown is much easier to portray accurately. Another no hole strap - becoming quite popular.

Its been noted that we are one of the few custom strap makers to pad the centres of our straps rather than just stitch two thick bits of leather together, the photo does show the padded effect well.

Charlie

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Ive just spent a frustrating 20 minuites trying to photograph one of todays straps. This is Australian Nut, 18mm, black edges and dark brown thread. The photo doesnt do justice to the leather, the Bakers Australian Nut is very hard to photograph well, the Oak Brown is much easier to portray accurately. Another no hole strap - becoming quite popular.

Its been noted that we are one of the few custom strap makers to pad the centres of our straps rather than just stitch two thick bits of leather together, the photo does show the padded effect well.

Charlie

Those straps look great Charlie!

tcbrgs

Reaction score
Charlie what do you make your leather straps from and do you make belts from calf skin yet?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Charlie what do you make your leather straps from and do you make belts from calf skin yet?

Do You mean the watch straps? If so they are the same leather the belts are made from, but we thin them down. Its the same technique we use for our Lined and Raised belts, but even more so. We could use calf/Barenia etc with the same techniques as well

The calf belts are still a work in progress - the summer has been somewhat manic and we havent been able to go from prototype to product, but its at the top of the todo list.

Any updates on when rolled dog collars will be back?

Not at the moment, sorry! We'll get them back on the site as soon as we can though

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A rather different watch strap this time!

This is a Tangerine aniline polished goatskin watch strap in 20mm with a Hirsch buckle. As ever completely hand stitched, this time with Ecru Lin Cable and with sealed mid brown for (even more) contrast. The strap really brings out the orange second hand of the Fleiger its on. This is somewhat different than our normal colour range, but none the worse for that. The goatskin makes for a soft, comfortable strap in a dress weight (about 2 1/2mm thick) and even in quiter colours has a really interesting grain pattern for those who what something a little different..

Charlie

Last edited:

BWV988

Reaction score
A rather different watch strap this time!

This is a Tangerine aniline polished goatskin watch strap in 20mm with a Hirsch buckle. As ever completely hand stitched, this time with Ecru Lin Cable and with sealed mid brown for (even more) contrast. The strap really brings out the orange second hand of the Fleiger its on. This is somewhat different than our normal colour range, but none the worse for that. The goatskin makes for a soft, comfortable strap and even in quiter colours has a really interesting grain pattern for those who what something a little different..

Charlie

Beautiful!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members