• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

We have been members here for a year and a half or so and I know that some of you have our products. I thought it was time we became affiliates so we could take part in the community more fully and contribute a bit to its continuing success. I'll also include a 10% discount coupon below to thank members for their custom.

For those that don't know we are a UK based company who make handmade, bespoke bridle leather belts. My name is Charlie, I founded the company and I am a passionate believer in what we do. Everything we make is 100% handmade by us to our customers requirements from raw materials and components sourced in the UK. We use the best of everything regardless of price, our leather is exclusively J&E Sedgwick Bridle Leather in a range of 9 colours from black and browns through burgundy to blues, greens and London Tan. We use only solid (hallmarked) silver, nickel, brass or stainless steel fittings. We hand stitch everything for longevity and aim to make you a belt that fits perfectly and will last for many years. I'm always happy to answer questions about any aspect of what we do - please just post here or use the contact details on the website or PM me if you prefer.

Our website is www.equusleather.co.uk, we have a lot of info on the site for those who are interested, but as a bit of a taster I've included some images that might be interesting.

The Winchester Quick Release belt in Australian Nut - this is an interesting one. The buckle is commonly believed to have been used by firemen before the use of plastic quick release buckles and has rather disappeared since.

Solid Nickel West End in Bottle Green Bridle Leather - My personal choice of belt at the moment - subtle and rather beautiful IMHO

The Lined and Raised in Hazel - 1000 + stitches all by hand

The Fillis in London Tan - one of our best sellers

The Kensington in Burgundy

To those who use Facebook we have a page here and for Twitterers we're here - we post new products, info and discounts regularly on both. As a thank you to those that get this far if you use the coupon code StyleForum10% in our shopping cart you'll get a 10% discount between now and the end of August.

Thanks all for reading,

Charlie

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're very passionate about your product.

Beautiful belts. Website looks very nice. I should take a leaf from your book when it comes to product photography.

Couldn't resist one of those winchester belts in hazel.

Good luck with the site :slayer:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sounds like you're very passionate about your product.

Beautiful belts. Website looks very nice. I should take a leaf from your book when it comes to product photography.

Couldn't resist one of those winchester belts in hazel.

Good luck with the site :slayer:

Thank you for both the kind words and particularly the custom!

We do all of our own product photography, and technically it could probably be a lot better but we feel that as we know the products better than anyone we can show them off at their best. Its really hard for customers to make a decision about a product from a screen and a lot of the point of what we do is to make something beautiful not only visually but also to touch and wear, we try and capture all the elements of the belts but its very hard by photo and they are better in the flesh than the photos show.

Charlie

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Delighted to see you're now affiliates here. Equus has been on my radar for some time but my current belts have been holding up well enough to postpone purchasing. But you're definitely top of the list for when I need a new belt, for sure.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hold up, is that the proper way they wear the quick release belts? i've been wearing it wrong for years now...

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

hold up, is that the proper way they wear the quick release belts? i've been wearing it wrong for years now...

As in point up? Personally no, I wear it point down, but either way works fine. It photographs better that way up though! :)

Charlie

mlongano

Reaction score
I believe that the Lined and Raised in Hazel is perhaps the most beautiful belt I've ever seen...I'm going to have to order one soon.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I believe that the Lined and Raised in Hazel is perhaps the most beautiful belt I've ever seen...I'm going to have to order one soon.

That's very kind of you to say, thank you :)

If you do buy one remember there's a discount code at the top of this page!

Charlie

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Excellent! I have been looking at your belts for ages as well, and will be sure to take the plunge soon.

Best luck with your endeavors, and thanks for supporting the forum.

Uunottaja

Reaction score
I have three belts from them, Kensington in London Tan, Fillis in Australian Nut and West end roller in Dark Havana. I especially like the Fillis, a gorgeous belt. I can also recommend EL for their very good customer service, good stuff all around.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What model would you recommend for a dress belt, i.e., one to wear with a suit?

I ordered one of the Baker-tanned leather belts, so once it arrives, I can see if that model would be right and am also thinking of a "lined and raised" but wonder if that would be too thick looking.

Also, is it possible to do a "lined and raised" in black with a red backing?

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What model would you recommend for a dress belt, i.e., one to wear with a suit?

I ordered one of the Baker-tanned leather belts, so once it arrives, I can see if that model would be right and am also thinking of a "lined and raised" but wonder if that would be too thick looking.

Also, is it possible to do a "lined and raised" in black with a red backing?

Hi Dopey,

It kind of depends on your tastes, but personally I wear either a 1 1/8 black nickel west end or a green 1 1/4 nickel west end depending on how I feel and the suit. The stainless steel buckles are probably good choices as well.

A black and red lined and raised in the pipeline. They are undeniably chunky, which is part of their charm. I wear one with a suit and don't find it a problem, and I know quite a few customers do. I suspect once again down to your taste.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
[quote name="Louis XIV"

Charlie, I absolutely love those two!
The first one shows the kind of belt you will make of the Barker leather?[/quote]

Yup, very like the first one. The buckle is the nickel west end I've been recommending. The leather in that on is Sedgwick Bridle Butt in Bottle Green, the belt in question is my personal one and I love the combination.

Charlie

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a belt from you almost a year ago. I don't remember the model name, but is black and looks like the fillis.
The belt is holding up very well. It is one of my staple casual belts. :)
I might pick up another belt soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads