• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received 3 Equus belts today:

Black raised and lined

Australian nut raised and lined.

Oak Brown Baker's.

All West End buckles. All 1 1/4 inches wide.

These are beautiful belts. Very substantial. Could likely support an engine hoist with any of them. And yet, for all that, they look very elegant.

Will post pictures soon.

yoose

Reaction score
Your belts look great, but before I order I was wondering if you know if there will be any customs due if I were to ship to China? Thank you.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Black raised and lined

Oak Brown Baker's.

These are beautiful belts. Very substantial. Could likely support an engine hoist with any of them. And yet, for all that, they look very elegant.

Will post pictures soon.

Glad you like them :)

Your belts look great, but before I order I was wondering if you know if there will be any customs due if I were to ship to China? Thank you.

I'm afraid I'm not sure- we sell some but not very many belts to China so perhaps someone local will chime in with their experience with Chinese customs. We use Royal Mail International partially because them seem to cause few if any customs issues so hopefully the parcel would be fine

Charlie

JulianL

Reaction score
...We use Royal Mail International partially because them seem to cause few if any customs issues so hopefully the parcel would be fine

Charlie

Since we're discussing delivery I'll take this opportunity to voice my approval for your choice of Royal Mail for your UK deliveries. I always breathe a sigh of relief when I see that a company that I'm ordering from uses Royal Mail for its UK shipments.

At least in my area items delivered by Royal Mail signed-for and parcel services tend to turn up on time without fuss or bother compared to the hassles that I sometimes get with the other courier companies such as being carded when I knew that I was in all day (presumably because they rang the wrong bell) and deliveries being dropped off at similar sounding but wrong addresses. Also, if a delivery is missed then going and collecting the package from one's local sorting office rather than re-arranging the delivery can be a fairly convenient option since the Royal Mail sorting offices tend to be far more local to the delivery address than the "local" depots of the various courier companies.

- Julian

BuddaLun

Reaction score

Black raised and lined

Oak Brown Baker's.

Will post pictures soon.

Would love to see pics of your new belts. I've been considering the R&L line for some time now.

cold war painter

Reaction score

Since we're discussing delivery I'll take this opportunity to voice my approval for your choice of Royal Mail for your UK deliveries.
I always breathe a sigh of relief when I see that a company that I'm ordering from uses Royal Mail for its UK shipments.

At least in my area items delivered by Royal Mail signed-for and parcel services tend to turn up on time without fuss or bother compared to the hassles that I sometimes get with the other courier companies such as being carded when I knew that I was in all day (presumably because they rang the wrong bell) and deliveries being dropped off at similar sounding but wrong addresses. Also, if a delivery is missed then going and collecting the package from one's local sorting office rather than re-arranging the delivery can be a fairly convenient option since the Royal Mail sorting offices tend to be far more local to the delivery address than the "local" depots of the various courier companies.

- Julian

This is pretty much my opinion also, born from similar experiences.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Learning how to work the new camera. But if anyone was curious how the two Suede patches match up to Carmina suede.. here you go.

I only have Snuff and Navy. Chocolate is coming in a few months.

Top is Tobacco from Equus
Bottom is Chocoate from Equus.

Learning how to work a 'real' camera still. Let me know if you need anything else.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This is pretty much my opinion also, born from similar experiences.

Many thanks for this, Royal Mail do get quite a bashing at times but I've only ever had 1 problem with using them for delivery in all the thousands I've sent in the UK. Glad the service works!

Dawn

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just one of my periodic reminders for new members about the permanent discount for members here. The code StyleForum10% in the coupon box in our checkout (at www.equusleather.co.uk) will get you 10% of anything in your cart, plus the website will deduct the 20% VAT for members shopping from outside Europe. All in all a bargain!

Charlie

BWV988

Reaction score
First post here. Received two belts last week, and I couldn't be happier. My first belt is a West End in Australian Nut 1-1/4" with a stainless steel polished buckle and the standard 1" hole spacing. I thought I'd also give a Bakers belt a try, so I got an Oak Brown Bakers 1-1/4" with a West End stainless steel satin buckle. For the Oak Brown, I requested 3/4" hole spacing.

As noted by others previously, the packaging is a nice touch:

The West End in Australian Nut:

The Oak Brown (sorry for all the shadows):

I really do like the various imperfections in the leather.

My Oak Brown photos are not quite true to color. In real life, it has less orange and is more of a medium brown.

Some comparison shots:

Between the two, I am much more drawn to the Oak Brown Bakers. The "natural variegation and antiquing of colour," as Charlie calls it, is fantastic. Around the house, I find myself picking up this one much more often to look at, touch, and smell. And yes, these belts are so good that I don't feel weird about doing that.

I'd recommend spending some time to buff the belts before wearing them. Especially the Oak Brown. I seem to recall a post awhile back in the thread in which the poster's Bakers Australian Nut got soaked and dyed his OCBD along the waistline. Now I understand how that could happen. The second photo is from buffing the Oak Brown:

After alternating between dry and damp cloths, I think I've removed all the excess that would ever come off during everyday conditions. This seems like a small inconvenience considering this belt will easily last me for as long as I need it (or for as long as my waistline remains this size).

All in all, I'm thrilled about these belts and am already planning for my next one. Russet Bakers, maybe?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

First post here. Received two belts last week, and I couldn't be happier. My first belt is a West End in Australian Nut 1-1/4" with a stainless steel polished buckle and the standard 1" hole spacing. I thought I'd also give a Bakers belt a try, so I got an Oak Brown Bakers 1-1/4" with a West End stainless steel satin buckle. For the Oak Brown, I requested 3/4" hole spacing. As noted by others previously, the packaging is a nice touch: The West End in Australian Nut: The Oak Brown (sorry for all the shadows): I really do like the various imperfections in the leather.
My Oak Brown photos are not quite true to color. In real life, it has less orange and is more of a medium brown. Some comparison shots:
Between the two, I am much more drawn to the Oak Brown Bakers. The "natural variegation and antiquing of colour," as Charlie calls it, is fantastic. Around the house, I find myself picking up this one much more often to look at, touch, and smell. And yes, these belts are so good that I don't feel weird about doing that. I'd recommend spending some time to buff the belts before wearing them. Especially the Oak Brown. I seem to recall a post awhile back in the thread in which the poster's Bakers Australian Nut got soaked and dyed his OCBD along the waistline. Now I understand how that could happen. The second photo is from buffing the Oak Brown:
After alternating between dry and damp cloths, I think I've removed all the excess that would ever come off during everyday conditions. This seems like a small inconvenience considering this belt will easily last me for as long as I need it (or for as long as my waistline remains this size). All in all, I'm thrilled about these belts and am already planning for my next one. Russet Bakers, maybe?
Glad you like them! The Bakers leather is lovely, organic and interesting if slightly higher maintenance and more idiosyncratic. Its my personal favourite, though I really like the Sedgwick as well - its very smart, very even and very well made - horses for courses and all that Charlie

yoose

Reaction score
First post here. Received two belts last week, and I couldn't be happier. My first belt is a West End in Australian Nut 1-1/4" with a stainless steel polished buckle and the standard 1" hole spacing. I thought I'd also give a Bakers belt a try, so I got an Oak Brown Bakers 1-1/4" with a West End stainless steel satin buckle. For the Oak Brown, I requested 3/4" hole spacing.

Nice belts, how do you feel about the 3/4" spacing vs. 1" I feel like the 3/4" would be more useful, it does look a bit different at first sight though.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charlie,

good looking wallets!

Most of the time I sadly have to handle change though, any plans on a wallet with a coin pocket?

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

As noted by others previously, the packaging is a nice touch: The West End in Australian Nut: The Oak Brown (sorry for all the shadows): I really do like the various imperfections in the leather.
My Oak Brown photos are not quite true to color. In real life, it has less orange and is more of a medium brown. Some comparison shots:
Between the two, I am much more drawn to the Oak Brown Bakers. The "natural variegation and antiquing of colour," as Charlie calls it, is fantastic. Around the house, I find myself picking up this one much more often to look at, touch, and smell. And yes, these belts are so good that I don't feel weird about doing that. I'd recommend spending some time to buff the belts before wearing them. Especially the Oak Brown. I seem to recall a post awhile back in the thread in which the poster's Bakers Australian Nut got soaked and dyed his OCBD along the waistline. Now I understand how that could happen. The second photo is from buffing the Oak Brown:
After alternating between dry and damp cloths, I think I've removed all the excess that would ever come off during everyday conditions. This seems like a small inconvenience considering this belt will easily last me for as long as I need it (or for as long as my waistline remains this size). All in all, I'm thrilled about these belts and am already planning for my next one. Russet Bakers, maybe?
I found the Oak Brown belt to be spectacular. The pictures on the Equus website is a pretty good representation and I thought the pictures made it look great. My expectations were actually surpassed when I got the belt as I find it to look even better in person. If anyone needs a medium brown/tan belt, the Bakers Oak Brown is definitely hard to beat. I loved it so much I ordered a watch strap in the same leather.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Charlie,

good looking wallets!

Most of the time I sadly have to handle change though, any plans on a wallet with a coin pocket?

Yes, probably but the wallets are a work in progress so no ETA yet - we need to develop one with a note pocket first and get them on the website etc - I'll keep the forum updated

Charlie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads