• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet

For the upcoming EFF shirting event, are we able to get them in our personal measurements that we used for individualized or is it limited to stock epaulet fits? The individualized program is of course great, but it's been frustrating not being able to purchase standard epaulet offerings like the recent somelos offerings (especially considering I'm a normal sized man, not a linebacker). I'd be disappointing to miss out on this.
Pretty sure this is through Somelos so its going to be stock sizing. Though since these shirts are going to be a killer dealer you might want to consider taking stuff to a tailor after.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure this is through Somelos so its going to be stock sizing. Though since these shirts are going to be a killer dealer you might want to consider taking stuff to a tailor after.
Love the idea but would be surprised if made in Portugal.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet when running tomorrows EFF please consider using the details and fit of the single rinse Portugal Denim shirt.

I'm not sure what it is, but the fit on the denim is much better then the Oxford for some reason. I'm not wearing the tight either, issue is in the pit, its like there is too much chest, and not enough back.

Plus, I think the shallow box pleat and the 2.0 Bond collar is the bees knees. Only other suggestion I'd be in favor of is a second button on the cuffs for those of us with slimmer wrists.

Can't wait to see the swatches

ino68

Reaction score
I found the Somelos Oxford to be way too long, great for tucking in, but impossible to wear untucked!

(5'9", size small)

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any way you can reveal what kinds of outerwear you'll be offering for fall/winter? I'm looking for a few styles and was hoping Epaulet might offer them.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another ringing endorsement for the Somelos Oxfords (and for the truly photogenic urinals in beautiful, downtown Burbank CA).

I really liked the EPLA Oxfords - the antique white and paprika ones in particular, but the Portugese shirting is an undeniable upgrade. The quality of the fabric, the fit and the construction are way beyond what I'd expect at this price point.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
I love my Somelos oxford and def plan to purchase more...but i have a a nitpick about them...curious if anyone else feels the same.

The collar tends to flop out to the sides as the day goes on. I wish the collar had a bit more beef to it to keep it upright.

Edit: when worn casually (without a tie)

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on measurements, I might go up 2 sizes to get a more relaxed fit. The size 42 I have is very tight, so I don't know if going up to 44 will make enough of a difference for me. I also got 2" additional length (I'm 6'4" and I really don't like short knitwear, especially cardigans), and that worked out pretty well so I'm going to keep that in my replacement.

Last edited:

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess I should of added what I'm thinking in my post.
As tight as the 40 was, I'm thinking of jumping up two sizes.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here.  Going from M to L.  What about length?  Thinking that I still cut an inch on length due to my stature (5'8").  

I'm 5'10, and I think I'm gonna request to add an inch in length just because I'll like the extra length. For me, it's always a chest/shoulder issue for fit, but I'm thinking if I opt to go up two sizes that it'll be too long in sleeve length and everywhere else.

forsan

Reaction score
I found the Somelos Oxford to be way too long, great for tucking in, but impossible to wear untucked!

(5'9", size small)
I had the same issue (5'10", medium). YMMV but a quick wash and run through the dryer shrunk up the length a bit for me. Still on the longer side of my casual shirts, but much more wearable untucked now.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8