• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since when is giving feedback on a product wrong?

I have quite a few Cavour pieces which are excellent and I enjoy wearing. I would have liked to add a coat as well but hey, can’t have everything.

I stand behind what I said on the length of the overcoat, solely judging from the photo. I don’t see a reason not to extend it below the knee (and of course charge a proper price for it as a result) - I don’t think there’s anything unconstructive in that.

caenorst

Reaction score
We are talking about clothing where art blend with functionality and “rules” and tradition clash with trends and “innovation”. I think most posts here might be opinions…

If you think that length is correct you can always show it with pictures of men dressed with similar length that others could be free to judge whether they like it or not.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your post
Since when is giving feedback on a product wrong?

I have quite a few Cavour pieces which are excellent and I enjoy wearing. I would have liked to add a coat as well but hey, can’t have everything.

I stand behind what I said on the length of the overcoat, solely judging from the photo. I don’t see a reason not to extend it below the knee (and of course charge a proper price for it as a result) - I don’t think there’s anything unconstructive in that.
Your post was emotional and borderline venom when in reality you don’t have to buy the coat if you don’t want to

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your post was emotional and borderline venom when in reality you don’t have to buy the coat of you don’t want to
I get your point. My post was quite direct and yes, I was trying to convey my disappointment - as I really would have liked to buy the coat. :) However, calling it 'borderline venom' is quite an exaggeration in my mind, not least because the point I made on practicality and style is more or less received wisdom around these parts, and with good reason.

Extra length on a coat keeps your legs warm and looks more balanced, especially when the coat has double-breasted buttoning and patch pockets in this case. And it looks more stylish and dramatic but in a subtle way. The latter point is naturally subjective, but let's be honest, it does.

Anyway, I digress. To each their own.

Imperatores

Reaction score
@Viral How come you're often here with some sort of snide remark when someone shares their criticism/suggestions/preferences? Why are you so emotionally invested in this brand?

This sort of customer feedback is what brought us updated cuts like the Mod 2 jacket (obviously a big success) and the Mod 3 trouser, wasn't it? Dismissing potentially valuable feedback with "you don't have to buy it if you don't want to" is such a weird take. @te0o let them know what he would like to buy, and if enough people share his preference it might be beneficial for Cavour to make an attempt at meeting that demand. They wouldn't get that chance if everyone followed your thought process, though.

Also, it's easy to have a too long coat shortened to your preferred length. Not so much the other way around.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Viral How come you're often here with some sort of snide remark when someone shares their criticism/suggestions/preferences? Why are you so emotionally invested in this brand?

This sort of customer feedback is what brought us updated cuts like the Mod 2 jacket (obviously a big success) and the Mod 3 trouser, wasn't it? Dismissing potentially valuable feedback with "you don't have to buy it if you don't want to" is such a weird take. @te0o let them know what he would like to buy, and if enough people share his preference it might be beneficial for Cavour to make an attempt at meeting that demand. They wouldn't get that chance if everyone followed your thought process, though.

Also, it's easy to have a too long coat shortened to your preferred length. Not so much the other way around.
Define “often” please - I need actual data and not your emotional opinion.

Also, there’s nothing ‘snide’ about what I’m saying - clearly you are emotional as well.

There’s a way to provide constructive feedback and people should think through that before any knee-jerk reactions. Cavour cannot please everyone but obviously pays for this affiliate thread for a reason, right? Why is everything a felony just because it’s not to your liking?? Again, don’t buy something if it’s not for you - you wouldn’t dare walk into a store and verbalize the same sentiments to the staff/management/ownership in the same vitriolic manner.

caenorst

Reaction score
Define “often” please - I need actual data and not your emotional opinion.

Also, there’s nothing ‘snide’ about what I’m saying - clearly you are emotional as well.

There’s a way to provide constructive feedback and people should think through that before any knee-jerk reactions. Cavour cannot please everyone but obviously pays for this affiliate thread for a reason, right? Why is everything a felony just because it’s not to your liking?? Again, don’t buy something if it’s not for you - you wouldn’t dare walk into a store and verbalize the same sentiments to the staff/management/ownership in the same vitriolic manner.
I'm sorry but you do appear emotional as well (if not more than the other's post), and you are the one being confrontational with other members while at least the original post that you are blaming was talking about clothing (which from what I understand is the topic of this forum).

Yes maybe the criticism is mean (and this is subjective) but at the same but you do realize that you decided to answer by another "mean" post that you are yourself blaming him about? Why not be the better man and go straight to the point that this was a hard message for a subjective opinion?

Please, take a deep breath and relax before answering me, I'm sure you can see that we can have better conversation on this forum.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweedy bag