• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

blairh

Reaction score

I actually really like what I see from Nobis. Props. 

I was in Holt's today looking through the discount racks and as I was leaving I saw a dude rocking the CMFR Gormley coat. I felt like walking up to him and asking how he sized it…kind of funny, he was wearing Adidas track pants and sneakers.

My big gripe with Nobis is their ribbed wrist-cuffs. Take a closer look. They put a hole in them for your thumb. What??? Really dumb feature. It's just a perfect spot for cold air/wind to enter.

I'm honestly thinking about closing my eyes and buying the Gormley. I'm so curious. But I don't know how it fits. I think I'd go large but I have no idea. How did it look in person?

Patrick James

Reaction score
Truthfully, it looked really good. I actually thought it was CG at first, then I noticed the snap-closure and did a double take. After checking him out from behind--yeah, I was that guy at that particular moment--I noticed the red stripe across the shoulders and smiled to myself as I recalled your recommendation. It appeared to have a slim silhouette, but not nearly as extreme as the Banff or Chateau. Certainly a far more preferable cut, in my opinion.

Yeah, the thumb slot is a deal-breaker.

blairh

Reaction score

Truthfully, it looked really good. I actually thought it was CG at first, then I noticed the snap-closure and did a double take. After checking him out from behind--yeah, I was that guy at that particular moment--I noticed the red stripe across the shoulders and smiled to myself as I recalled your recommendation. It appeared to have a slim silhouette, but not nearly as extreme as the Banff or Chateau. Certainly a far more preferable cut, in my opinion. 

Yeah, the thumb slot is a deal-breaker.

It's interesting that you feel that way. One of my favorite things about the Chateau was how slim it looked on my body. At the same time, I don't know if that contributed to the fact that I felt the coat simply wasn't very warm.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think you are looking at it too much from where you live. (Which is in Scandinavia, correct?)
Here in the States, CG is still a somewhat rare brand with respect to retail locations. This season for example, I found CG at Barneys (Expedition and Citadel only), and Bloomingdale's (Citadel, Manitoba, Chateau, only online, not in my local Bloomingdale's). Nothing in Saks, Neiman Marcus, or Nordstrom.
Locally in Boston I found CG at one of their authorized retail stores (an outdoors store called Hilton Tent City located in a not so desirable area) and The Tannery in Boston (but only a handful of CG coats, unlike their website which carries a lot of the line). If an American wants to buy CG their best bet is to purchase online but even then you are taking a chance if you've never tried on a CG coat with respect to size (and I sadly found out).

yes it is.

I think their Scandinavian agent is at fault for the over saturation of the market, but you can't blame people for wanting to make money, although we all know what happens to brands, who choose this route.

The US price increase could also be, that they are homogenizing, so the product cost the same everywhere, as they are the only brand I can think of with such a big price difference from one market to another.

I wouldn't call Moncler a 100% fashion brand, as some of their stuff can be used for skiing, it's just for people skiing in Gstaad ;)

blairh

Reaction score

yes it is.
I think their Scandinavian agent is at fault for the over saturation of the market, but you can't blame people for wanting to make money, although we all know what happens to brands, who choose this route.
The US price increase could also be, that they are homogenizing, so the product cost the same everywhere, as they are the only brand I can think of with such a big price difference from one market to another.

I wouldn't call Moncler a 100% fashion brand, as some of their stuff can be used for skiing, it's just for people skiing in Gstaad ;)

Well the price increase would not be just in the US but also in Canada. CG in the States sells for the same price as it does in Canada. One American dollar is essentially the same in value as one Canadian dollar.

Anybody got some words to share about CMFR? Quality of the coat? Warmth? Sizing?

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not that many styles nor sizes. Only bang your head if you just bought a CG coat and the model and size you want is available at Context.

Thats why im banging my head.. not as butthurt about 50% discount on White Mountaineering though.. Almost jumped off the apartment for paying retail :embar:

Last edited:

LMF

Reaction score

Canada Goose on 30% sale @ Contextclothing.. :brick:

Are they an authorized retailer? Looked on the CG website and didn't see them on it. A bit hesitant given that a) CG doesn't really 'authorize' sales per se b) don't see them listed c) that price is very tempting.

blairh

Reaction score

Are they an authorized retailer? Looked on the CG website and didn't see them on it. A bit hesitant given that a) CG doesn't really 'authorize' sales per se b) don't see them listed c) that price is very tempting.

They are 100% legit. There are some retailers that sell authentic CG that are not listed on CG's site. Another example is Campsaver.

Also, if you do a search for CG retailers on CG's official site (where you enter your location), you'll see that they often display results beyond the ones on the official list.

Last edited:

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

they are. context buys from them so i would hurry and get it if you see something you like.

Last edited:

NerdBird

Reaction score
I'm 5'10, 170 lbs. I'd say average body (no huge belly or anything). I love the bomber. Materials and workmanship are top-notch. I got my bomber from the sample sale last year, so my jacket has a CMFR patch on the left arm. The current season's jackets don't have any outer patches. The jacket is really warm and you won't need to layer on most days. I'd definitely recommend CMFR jackets. I was thinking of maybe getting a Gormley but having two similar CMFR jackets would've been too much.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads