Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

That first one looks killer. Thank you.

2. blairh

blairh Senior member

You're welcome. I love it too.

If you end up getting it (or even just trying it on) please report back on this thread with your impressions. If you like it and it goes on sale I might get it. Thanks.

3. Patrick James

Absolutely. I'll have to unload my Constable first, otherwise I cannot justify the expenditure. SSENSE frequently discounts their stock, so I might wait on that as well. That being said, anyone interested in a size small, navy Constable in great condition, let me know.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

As I stated previously it was like that around years ago, now that ship has sailed, sunken, been rebuild and sunk again.

If they want the product, to be a status symbol, they should limit the amount of retailers, around here you can get one in almost any sport shop, Moncler which retails a bit higher haven't got the same the same amount of retailers, which has kept them exclusive and a bit of a rarity, where I live theres a 100 CG for each Moncler and about the same for arc'terxy which retailers in the same price bracket as CG.

The other problem they have created for them self with having the product so widely available, is that it's something the chavs buy, steal or get a fake one of, so you often see a chav in a cg, (fake) evisu tucked in to white gym socks and running shoes.

I saw a couple yesterday in matching expeditions fully zipped and hood up in +10C weather. :lol:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

find finn i agree with most of what you said but CG retails significantly cheaper than moncler at least in the US. most cg is around 600-700. moncler's vests retail at that price with anything that isnt the terrible shiny ones retailing at 900. the ones that actually look decent/good and have any fur are 1200+. the prices for moncler are outrageous, not that CG isnt as well

7. blairh

blairh Senior member

I think you are looking at it too much from where you live. (Which is in Scandinavia, correct?)

Here in the States, CG is still a somewhat rare brand with respect to retail locations. This season for example, I found CG at Barneys (Expedition and Citadel only), and Bloomingdale's (Citadel, Manitoba, Chateau, only online, not in my local Bloomingdale's). Nothing in Saks, Neiman Marcus, or Nordstrom.

Locally in Boston I found CG at one of their authorized retail stores (an outdoors store called Hilton Tent City located in a not so desirable area) and The Tannery in Boston (but only a handful of CG coats, unlike their website which carries a lot of the line). If an American wants to buy CG their best bet is to purchase online but even then you are taking a chance if you've never tried on a CG coat with respect to size (and I sadly found out).

Perhaps Canada and Scandinavia are infested with CG stocked stores but I personally don't think that's the problem (at least not in the States). Instead what is happening is that CG is seeing that their line is selling so well so they can afford to bump up the price even more. What remains to be seen is if CG will continue to sell so well with another price bump next year. I like to think that some consumers will catch on and see how ridiculous this continuous price raising really is.

As for RKD bringing up Moncler, I don't know if that's fair comparison. Moncler is really a fashion brand. CG was a performance label but now seems to be blurring the line between fashion and performance brand. It remains to be seen if CG wants to attempt to become this worldwide trendy brand with overpriced coats. Right now they are certainly heading that way. Moncler was always absurdly priced. It's just that people were willing to spend those prices for such a luxury label. I recently tried on a Moncler coat at Neiman's and while I liked it very much it was also 1.5K. Uh, no thanks.

There will always be the idiots who wear CG Expeditions in too warm temps because they think it looks cool. That's just an issue of someone attempting to rock a trendy coat versus needing that protection. At the same time, all those idiots wearing Expeditions at their local Canadian mall are fueling CG to potential raise their prices.

8. blairh

blairh Senior member

I know, right? First off, any guy wearing that coat deserves to be laughed at. It looks like a woman's bomber IMO. Secondly, 5K? Are you f'ing serious?

9. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

nomad sold 4 of em, shits ridiculous

10. blairh

blairh Senior member

I have to believe it's a status coat. As in 'look what I just dropped 5k for'. You can buy such nicer leather or shearling coats for 2K or less.

11. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

its a ugly coat, but the pricing is just ridiculous, last years chilliwack they did was marked up significantly, but this? i dont know how to justify that price. its byzon leather, but its still duck filled and the gold trim isnt in that many places. the varsity jacket they did was priced at regular retail so i dont know what they are thinking on this one

12. foundskippy

foundskippy New Member

Hi, what alternative bomber jackets are there with real fur?

13. blairh

blairh Senior member

14. Patrick James

I actually really like what I see from Nobis. Props.

I was in Holt's today looking through the discount racks and as I was leaving I saw a dude rocking the CMFR Gormley coat. I felt like walking up to him and asking how he sized it…kind of funny, he was wearing Adidas track pants and sneakers.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011