Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. chaos

chaos Senior member

Canada Goose never goes on sale, especially the popular models - at least, that's the case in Toronto

2. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

rarely goes on sale, members of le baron get 10% off though, and once a winter they usually do an extra 10 on top

3. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

Le Baron is the only place I've seen discount Canada Goose.

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Contextclothing had 15% discount during blackfriday

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah got my chateau for 500ish plus i had tons of credit to get rid of :)

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

If you think it's flimsy at $600, it's good you don't live in Europe.

Freestyle 350$
    Chiliwack 790$
    Constable 878$
    Chateau 965$

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

7. blairh

blairh Senior member

I had an online chat this morning with a customer service rep from an authorized American CG retailer. I told her I was curious if/when their CG gear would potentially go on sale (sometimes it does at the end of winter, Feb/Mar). She said she didn't anticipate it would this season. She then randomly told me that I could purchase an item for the FW12' season now at their current prices. When I asked why I would even want to do that, she told me that CG gear is going up 18% in pricing next season. So if I purchase a coat at this season's price, I'll get it next year at that price when it's in stock.

Now obviously I have no desire to do this. If I were to even get a CG coat at this point I'd only do it at a big discount (something I'm not holding my breath for). But she said that she knew with certainty that prices are going up at that rate next season. She said CG gear sells so well right now in North America and that CG believes it can pull off even higher pricing. Considering CG already has increased pricing in the past 2 years, I think that's a bold move.

Just wanted to share the details of this convo. Some may doubt her proclamations, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's right. And by the way, that's crazy. I think retail CG pricing is already too high in Canada/USA.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

8. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

them upping their prices will probably make them sell more. The market they're after is into paying a lot for that because they believe that price = quality and prestige. Everyone who has a goose takes pride in the fact that they paid what they paid (atleast thats how it is around here; 'take a look at my goose, bro. cost me like 6 bills, last one in canada bro!').

9. blairh

blairh Senior member

I've heard that too from friends in Canada. Its become a status symbol in some parts of Toronto and Montreal. Especially among Asians. I know that's racist but it's also true.

I think CG is just incredibly trendy/hot right now in Canada so they will try to capitilize on this surge by jacking up the price. Hopefully it's just a short period of time (2-3 years?) and pricing will go back to what it was just a few years back. When I first contemplated the Chateau it retailed for $495 (fall of 2009).

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

11. swaggerjack

swaggerjack Well-Known Member

Just wait until it actually snows in toronto. Every other "hip/stylish" white person you see will be wearing them also.

12. Patrick James

I'm actively seeking an alternative of equal or better quality to Canada Goose.

13. blairh

blairh Senior member

I can suggest many worthy CG alternatives, but I need to know what you are looking for. Bomber or parka? Do you want/need to have real fur on your hood? Let me know what you are thinking.

14. Patrick James

Thanks. Parka, real fur--though a sturdy, non-removeable hood will do--little to no apparent branding, ribbed cuffs, snaps or buttons instead of velcro.

15. blairh

blairh Senior member

This has a removable hood, however given your other requirements it sounds perfect if you dig it. Personally I really like it.

This would also do. And it's on sale. Not sure what the shipping costs is for Canada. I've tried it on and I like it.