1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. charvin

charvin Member

I liked the Chateau because it was mid-thigh length, but then I was suddenly ok with the short Bomber length also =S

2. blairh

blairh Senior member

The Tannery's CS sucks, don't hold your breath.

This is a clear picture of what CG graphite looks like in a Chilliwack/Yorkville. I have a picture of the Yukon in graphite too if you want it. The material of the Yukon is different than the Chilliwack/Yorkville so it looks a little different. Ignore the fact that the link I provided is for the women's Chilliwack. It's going to look identical with respect to color. Graphite is lighter than black but darker than mid-grey.

Also, please don't purchase a women's Chilliwack. You never responded to my inquirty as to where you live, but my guess is that it's also a bit shorter compared to the men's Chilliwack/Yorkville.

The Chateau is a totally different coat. While I would guess the Chilliwack/Yorkville is techically warmer, it's also much shorter, so it's a give and take. Plus, depending on where you live, the Chateau may just be plenty warm. I live in Boston and find it to be plenty warm with a sweater.

Edit: Another good example of Canada Goose graphite.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  3. charvin

charvin Member

Location is in Southern Manitoba. Thanks for the links of graphite coloured jackets, it gives me a better idea of what to expect.

4. faketrain

faketrain Senior member

I have a BNWT Canada Goose Manitoba jacket in size XS (color: graphite). Just got in the mail from Context Clothing but I realized I have way too many winter jackets. Brand new with tags only $450 CONUS. I have receipts and everything. Most sites are sold out of this size and retails for $645. First come first serve.

5. blairh

blairh Senior member

Yeah, I don't recommend a women's CG coat unless it looks identical to the male counterpart. Especially to someone living in Canada.

Glad the pics helped. Graphite is basically a dark grey whereas mid-grey is a light grey.

6. NerdBird

NerdBird Well-Known Member

Have you considered any other brands? CMFR has a nice bomber that you can get through ssense or due west. Due West currently has a 15% off promotion but their website is currently down for maintenance.

7. charvin

charvin Member

I would definitely be open to them, as long as they're simplistic in design, I'm all for it unless it's really expensive.

8. NerdBird

9. Oxton Bomber
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. NerdBird

Nice, it looks like a good fit. Can you layer underneath? What's your height and weight and what size did you go with?

Haha, whoops, forgot the details.

I'm 5'6"-5'7", 135lbs, went with an XS and I can wear a few layers (thermal then button down then sweatshirt/sweather) easily.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  12. NerdBird

Nice. Where'd you get it from? Due West? I'm holding out for >30% discounts on the Gormley.

13. Yep, I went ahead and jumped on it when that 15% code was posted.

14. althanis

althanis Senior member

Hi, I just wanted to show how my Chateau size Small fit. I'm about 5'10 and 125 pounds, so I'm pretty skinny. The XS I could barely get the bottom of the zip together to zip it up, so that would have been way too small for me.

[​IMG]

15. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

That's a good fit. I imagine that is how a medium would fit on me. Not sure if I would have been able to layer...

16. blairh

blairh Senior member

You are very slim. I can't really tell by the photo, but knowing your stats, Small seems just right. The Chateau will retail for $695 next season, so it's good you got it when you did.

I'm interested in the Yukon bomber. But only at a great price (Craigslist, Ebay, or here if someone has it). It's crazy overpriced at retail ($625). It was $550 last season.

[​IMG]

17. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

I checked out both colour-ways at Holt's the other day and they look amazing.

18. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Is there anyone here who owns a yukon bomber in xs? I have a question on sizing.

19. NerdBird

I'm currently looking for a Langford Parka. It seems similar to the Chateau but is a bit longer, doesn't have outer buttons, and has two mid-level hand-warmer pockets in addition to two lower pockets. Both the Chateau and Langford are slim insulated fits.

Langford
    [​IMG]

Chateau
    [​IMG]

20. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Anyone know what the equivalent size in adult is for a Boys Large?