• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apartment foo-nishing

vernonclark

Reaction score
I would be surprised if Stephenhero was an architect--his rants are too facile. If I recall correctly, he made a monumentally long post about ornament in architecture--his main pt was that ornament that disrupts function is bad but ornament that does not can be good. Very basic stuff presented in a horrendously pompous fashion. A lot of people were thanking him and trying to understand some of his fluff pts...it was amusing. Anyways, there was some talk about honest living--StephenHero doesn't even know honest writing.

Anyways, the quips about credentials...the road to becoming an architect is a long, arduous and generally not well compensated. It takes a long time and a lot of mistakes to be any good, so I am no expert in "architecture", but I know a thing or two.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would be surprised if Stephenhero was an architect--his rants are too facile. If I recall correctly, he made a monumentally long post about ornament in architecture--his main pt was that ornament that disrupts function is bad but ornament that does not can be good. Very basic stuff presented in a horrendously pompous fashion. A lot of people were thanking him and trying to understand some of his fluff pts...it was amusing. Anyways, there was some talk about honest living--StephenHero doesn't even know honest writing. Anyways, the quips about credentials...the road to becoming an architect is a long, arduous and generally not well compensated. It takes a long time and a lot of mistakes to be any good, so I am no expert in "architecture", but I know a thing or two.
:foo:

vernonclark

Reaction score
To correct my post on skinnygoomba...he does not have decent taste in wood furniture, that is being stingy; rather, he has excellent taste in wood furnishings.

I believe he posted some things he made himself, from what I can remember they were great looking pieces.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious question. Why not ditch the TV? By doing so you would open up wall space, and make it easier to create a room that invites conversation and socializing. And TVs are always ugly. Just put it in the bedroom, do you really ever watch TV with company? Put a comfy chair and a side table where the TV would be.

Also, please stop calling the couch "the Florence Knoll." This is for your own good.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
In other news, I'll be making risotto for the first time tonight so I can be fully qualified to call it delicious.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You don't have to be an architect to realize StephenHero doesn't make any sense. The justifications for his opinions have been hazy at best and completely illogical at worst. If your doctor or lawyer were as mixed-up and belligerent, you'd be right to be skeptical of him--with or without matching professional degrees.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i tried reading a book on architectural theory once. I almost got through a page before realizing i had no idea WTF is going on.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vernon, curious about why you say my explanation of modernism would not pass muster amongst the well-read. My understanding of modernism (particularly versus post-modernism) comes from study across multiple disciplines, though I only have a passing interest in architecture. The general principles ought to be intact.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

You don't have to be an architect to realize StephenHero doesn't make any sense. The justifications for his opinions have been hazy at best and completely illogical at worst. If your doctor or lawyer were as mixed-up and belligerent, you'd be right to be skeptical of him--with or without matching professional degrees.

Says the guy asking for help choosing a rug.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads