• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Derek - Yea sure, lol Anyways, back to the thread. Would anybody be interested in the tuxedo black, suede/patent Lanvin lows in size 6? They are the Made in Italy model, not Portugal. Only been worn 3 or 4 times. Complete with box and dustbags. My buddy has them and is looking to get something different so he's pondering a sale of these. Should fit a US 8 very well. If they were a 7 I'd kop them
plain.gif

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^size 6s are like size 8s right?

i kinda want to dig through sufu waywts to find some diamonds fits

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the velcros are good to me, not the most flexible shoe choice out there, but i still like them... just dont fall to temptation re: those floppy zipper boots. eugh.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Funny, I used to love them. I wore Nike velcro court traditions for years, and always thought they were great. I also like the margiela and raf velcros, although I've never worn them so I don't really have a legitimate opinion. Whenever I've seen them in the metro or on the street or whatever, I've always thought that the velcro mmm highs looked far better than the lace-up highs, though. Hmm.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
^size 6s are like size 8s right?

i kinda want to dig through sufu waywts to find some diamonds fits

Yes, I'd say they would fit a wide US7.5, a regular US8, MAYBE a US8.5.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
thanks so sizing should be similar right?
similar, but not the same. I have Rafstros, CP hi's and CP low's, all in 43, all on the same sole, and they all fit a bit differently. I think bball high CPs fit the smallest and the Rafstros fit the largest. It must have something to do with how low or high the toe box is. re white Rafs above, I wish I liked all velcro sneaks because I could pick up a bunch for cheap. Of the ones above, I would get the highs. No one has high-top ortho shoes, so it renders the "they look like orthopedic shoes" concern moot.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
There are certain members of SW&D that basically look out for each other, but that's really the "in-crowd," and I'm not quite sure how you earn that privilege.

I don't know where I fit into this calculus, but you gave me a straight deal and are consequently good by me.

Tanner

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with Ann D sneaker sizing? There are some green chuck-a-likes I found that I might have to cop...

bakatora

Reaction score
i was pretty excited to see this thread had 6 new pages.

baldy[1].gif

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
I think that the unfortunate fact is that SF, at least the side I've got exposure to, really isn't a close-knit community. It's kind of like a high school, with all the associated cliques, popular kids, and loudmouths. You'll notice that there are a fair number of buyers and sellers who don't interact outside of the classifieds section, unlike (perhaps?) a more directional forum (WRX part-swapping comes to mind, similar to AR's ski forum), where people are there to help out other enthusiasts. There are certain members of SW&D that basically look out for each other, but that's really the "in-crowd," and I'm not quite sure how you earn that privilege.

Dmash, while I'm not really sure I can say that buying + flipping is really that "stand-up" - and here I'm talking about buying from members and selling for a markup; not sample sales, etc. - there's not much to say on a forum of this size other than "make your connections and move on." Selling used goods is mostly a different animal anyway.

But, like AR6 said, I've had amazing deals from him, not to mention jet, and several other members - I think that among the SWD cognoscenti there is a "watch the other guy's back" mentality, but that doesn't mean you're a made man the instant you register.

Dude, it is pretty much high school. Check out the 'post your prom picture' thread. Dudes here are just going to prom. If you have a BS/BA already then you're one of the older folks on here.

Funny you should mention WRX. When I had my Evo, that community was extremely close knit. When I parted out my car, I hooked up the friends I made on the board through out the years, even allowed one guy to pay in installments. They also gave me insight on career path at the time too (since some were engineers, attorneys, etc.) that was far more valuable than the extra $800 or whatever it was I could've made if I 'tried to make profit'.

LOL at 'business is business'. On minuscule items such as clothing, it doesn't really matter (unless you're a broke college kid I guess) of making 'profit' of $50 or whatever. I can see how a member like AR, who is an attorney, can hook up his friends and would not think twice about it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The hell happened to this thread?

Anyways, wore my Lanvins today, wasn't going to post pics but was trying out my new S95 and it took some decent pics.
uHKZF.jpg

KDv3j.jpg

****, pics were much sharper before I uploaded it to imgur, looks bad on tinypic too.
ffffuuuu.gif
Whats the best pic host so you don't lose quality of the pic?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads