• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Enjoy Wearing This Year?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread has convinced me that I, too, need a pair of Blundstones. I'm partial to the 2052, because I have a weakness for that olive green.

Black is admittedly more versatile, though.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pics, but the purple velour track jacket from Naissance over at NMWA. Wore it over a grey t shirt and jeans all the time this year to add swag to an otherwise nothing fit.

This boring ass sweater from William Lockie x Frans Boone. 100% wool but crazy soft, spongy and stretchy.

1608944017792.png

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a specific Blundstone model that folks recommend?

Waxed tobacco suede 1911 or brown suede 1458. Or whatever the black leather ones are called, if you like black casual shoes. The Australians are good at many things but sourcing smooth brown leathers with a good depth of colour is not one of them. Both RM Williams and Blundstone really suck at this.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the rustic black blundstones and I think I actually prefer that over half calf for most trousers outside of black pants

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably the EG brown cord Loiter jacket I'm wearing in my profile picture. I bought a fair bit of more sophisticated stuff this year (Yohji, CdG, Issey, Rosen) but I haven't worn it enough yet to say whether any of it is my favourite. I got rid of a lot of things though. That was satisfying.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
18 East
Came into its own at a great time when I finally realized I was done with CM and trying to dress “like and adult”

JMM
Only have two for now but every time I hold them, put them one and see myself in them I love them.

Flares
Got some blue from LVC and some black from Lemaire and I pretty much ignore anything that suggests taper now

Short sleeves shirts
Avoided them for years because I readily some dump article about how they make you look shorter. May be true but who cares.
Faves from 18 East, Wacko Maria and EG

Black
Thought it was boring for years then seeing great posts on WAYWT and reading @dieworkwear article on it made me dip my feet. The aforementioned Lemaire flares, a Uniqlo trucker and some cons are my favorite pieces to spice up an outfit with black.

White footwear
Avoided white sneakers and such for the opposite reason of why I avoided black. Thought it stood out too much. Now I realize that’s what’s great about it. Love my EG vans. White boots are next up. No picture

Tank tops
They go well with 70s shirts and flares . No picture

Eidos/Vanson Double Rider/Lancer/Whatever you call it in your country
It’s a beautiful piece of denim armor and prevents me from getting a leather DR

Visvim Brigadiers
I have them and love them and still have pictures of other peoples on my phone. Just perfectly shaped boots for me

7D6BEA0A-592E-4AA1-9AAC-A0B481C3F636.jpeg

956B09DB-9B91-4628-A77C-A19DB0B16530.png
BC363FAA-E39C-4C28-AB99-4D9A165C39DA.jpeg
AEED9414-9C33-4549-A725-2828CC2A1022.jpeg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
18 East
Came into its own at a great time when I finally realized I was done with CM and trying to dress “like and adult”

JMM
Only have two for now but every time I hold them, put them one and see myself in them I love them.

Flares
Got some blue from LVC and some black from Lemaire and I pretty much ignore anything that suggests taper now

Short sleeves shirts
Avoided them for years because I readily some dump article about how they make you look shorter. May be true but who cares.
Faves from 18 East, Wacko Maria and EG

Black
Thought it was boring for years then seeing great posts on WAYWT and reading @dieworkwear article on it made me dip my feet. The aforementioned Lemaire flares, a Uniqlo trucker and some cons are my favorite pieces to spice up an outfit with black.

White footwear
Avoided white sneakers and such for the opposite reason of why I avoided black. Thought it stood out too much. Now I realize that’s what’s great about it. Love my EG vans. White boots are next up. No picture

Tank tops
They go well with 70s shirts and flares . No picture

Eidos/Vanson Double Rider/Lancer/Whatever you call it in your country
It’s a beautiful piece of denim armor and prevents me from getting a leather DR

Visvim Brigadiers
I have them and love them and still have pictures of other peoples on my phone. Just perfectly shaped boots for me

View attachment 1526844
View attachment 1526846 View attachment 1526848 View attachment 1526850

Lovely. How you liking the Virgils compared to the Brigs?

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely. How you liking the Virgils compared to the Brigs?
Every time I wear the Virgils I think I need to wear them more but I mostly reach for the brigs. They’re both really great and now I just need 7 holes...

wesleeatl

Reaction score
i've definitely embraced being comfy at home this year. which led to some new purchases and some closet rediscoveries.

CARGOS - i did not think i'd ever want cargo pants again but now i have two pairs. the Jcrew W&B ripstop are great, and the 18E goreckis are even better.
View attachment 1521758 View attachment 1521759

SWEATS - similarly, i was not big on sweats (shirts or pants) and now own more than i care to admit. standard issue makes sweats so good my girlfriend got mad at me when she found them and asked why i never offered to let her wear them before. though my absolutely favorite is a nine lives sweatshirt i bought from self edge a few years ago. it didn't get much wear before but it's now something i want to reach for each day. it's thick (the arms have creases now like a leather jacket) but not overly warm and so so comfortable.

View attachment 1521760

SPLURGES - i normally don't do big ticket items but this year under the guise of "keeping myself sane and happy" i bought some stuff that served nothing more than me just wanting them and doing it. JMM fellini's and the kapital damask fleece (which gets me compliments everywhere).

View attachment 1521763 View attachment 1521764

MOST ENJOYABLE - would have to be my running gear, tracksmith and saucony. these are the "actually keeping myself sane and happy" stuff. nothing was more relieving, relaxing, or invigorating to me than throwing this stuff on and heading out (with a face covering) to clear my head, flush the anxiety, and help keep my weight (mostly) in line. running for sure got me through this year and i can only hope everyone else finds something as satisfying for their mind and/or body as i find running.

View attachment 1521767 View attachment 1521766 View attachment 1521768
i’d love to see how you’ve styled the fleece brother. i’m on the fence, trying to hop over.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent idea for a thread. Did lots of telework and such since March. Back at work and into CM full time now. Enjoyed dusting off all my suits and such and relearning how to dimple a tie. These are the items that got me through the times in between. Bought some other stuff but these are the staples all from No Man Walks Alone.

DBF chore coat. Awesome over a sweater for Fall days where I was eating outside wondering how well that would work in January.

debon30078195d6_m1_2-0.jpg

GRP "dry-hand" sweaters. Amazing fabric and fit. I'm not a big fan of most fuzzy stuff (insert @SpooPoker -level quip here). These are staples. Got burnt orange last year and ochre this year.

grp_wool_crewneck_sweater_fall_winter_2019_6_.jpg
grp_wool_crewneck_sweater_fall_winter_2019_14_.jpg
Excellent polo sweater from Ikiji. Now my new Casual Friday go-to.

ikiji_japan_fall_winter_2020_35_.jpg

I wear linen drawstring easy pants from Zegna around the house in warmer weather and these Blue Blue Japan cotton easy pants in the winter.

20_9_11_BlueBlueJapan_StitchedSashikoOneTruckPants_Indigo_1_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads