• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
Mike did this shirt get made?
3883805372_3f31349fb8_m.jpg

We're still getting the dress shirts online (should be tomorrow), but here are some images. French cuff shirts are $150, and include a free set of vintage cufflinks

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2666/...5af6a938_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3535/...02a3a94d_b.jpg

Originally Posted by g transistor
Got my exploded plaid. I'm such a sucker for the stuff you guys did...the boxing, the hand written card...I'm definitely coming back to you guys. The shirt fits beautifully too!

Throw up a photo! It's like Appreciation for us.

Originally Posted by APK
Whoa, are all sizes of the exploded flannel gone already?

It's bananas how the shirts have blown up since last spring. Congrats, Mike.

Thanks man, that Exploded plaid was nutzo. I'm trying to get more fabric, but it might be a one-off. The pattern really looks awesome.

Originally Posted by LA Guy
I really wish that I could pull off a fedora.

We sell a lot of dudes their first fedora. You've got to totally own the look. Trust me, you could pull that off!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Practically knocked over the mailman when I saw he had an Epaulet-sized box in his hand a few minutes ago.

I've gotta head out for a while, so I'll post pictures and more in-depth thoughts later tonight. But wow, Mike did it again.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Camera batteries died before I could get pics. Since I'm fresh out of new batteries, I'll just post some thoughts on the shirt. Pattern: My biggest concern after seeing the shirt pics last week was parts of the lime pattern being too loud. I was happy to find that the color isn't nearly as bright in real life as it appeared in the pictures. It's a bold pattern, no doubt, but it doesn't my yours eyes hurt. Fabric: Not as soft as the SF collab, but sturdier. The fabric feels a bit heavier with maybe not as much give as the collab batch had. Fit: I've been eating like hell for the last two weeks and am finally showing a bloated stomach for it. The medium in the SF flannel fit like a dream. This one is also a good fit, though not forgiving in the midsection. But again, that's my own fault. I did find, however, that the exploded flannel is maybe a touch smaller than the SF flannel. Realistically, I'd probably return it for a large if the shirt wasn't sold out. It'll fit a lot better when I get my eating back in check, but for now, I probably couldn't even wear a tee under a medium. Overall: Another quality entry from Epaulet. The shirts have really taken off in the last few months, so I hope future runs can increase in size. As it is, the hype for these shirts is so big that there's really no room for error when it comes to choosing your size.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I did find, however, that the exploded flannel is maybe a touch smaller than the SF flannel.
Ooh... Interested to see if Mike can confirm this? If so, is the oxblood going to be the same fit as the SF flannel or the exploded plaid? Hoping to get an oxblood in the next 24hrs or so provided my size doesn't sell out first. Or is it just APK's bloated stomach mucking things up...?
teacha.gif
Edit: And I have to agree, some of the shirts being pumped out lately are awesome (exploded plaid, flannel colab, oxblood corduroy etc). That combined with the pretty much perfect fit on these makes me really hope for more in the future.

70gransport

Reaction score
Doc, while I can't comment on the fit as I purchased a large in the collab, I did receive the oxblood in medium last night and wore it out for a cemetary walk. Now I don't know if it's the fabric or the fact that I lost a pound or so over the last couple weeks, but the shirt is fantastic. It fits amazingly well, and the color is deep and rich. Dare I say it might be the most perfect Fall/Winter shirt I now own. I'd say go with your normal size and you should be loving the decision.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it's at all smaller, it's negligible. It's definitely a little shorter, since I didn't have any qualms about the length. You may recall that wasn't the case with the SF flannel. Also, the SF flannel was much softer, which I think gave it a bit more give.

At any rate, I'm gonna chalk it mostly up to a slight weight gain. The shirt isn't uncomfortable, it's just a touch tight in the chest and stomach if I wear a tee under it.

cicero79

Reaction score
A+ on service, just got my shirt in the mail today. Incredibly subtle but it makes a world of difference in the function of the shirts. Not too slim but definitely not too boxy.

Much thanks Mike, fit pictures to come.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to chime in the my Exploded Flannel is a touch smaller than my ExSF collab. It's not a bad thing at all. Actually I like the fit even better...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At least I know I'm not going crazy. Just to make sure I could deflect blame from my gut, I tried on the SF flannel and it's still a perfect fit. Not at all baggy, but room in the midsection and absolutely no pulling across the back (I'm getting that slightly with the exploded flannel).

I might have to just return this and cross my fingers that Mike can come up with enough material for a subsequent run. Or pray someone returns a large (and soon, because I want to wear this damn thing).

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
At least I know I'm not going crazy. Just to make sure I could deflect blame from my gut, I tried on the SF flannel and it's still a perfect fit. Not at all baggy, but room in the midsection and absolutely no pulling across the back (I'm getting that slightly with the exploded flannel).

I might have to just return this and cross my fingers that Mike can come up with enough material for a subsequent run. Or pray someone returns a large (and soon, because I want to wear this damn thing).

lol...I just want to wear the shirt all the time I love it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

Hey APK,

Sorry that the fit didn't work for you on this. It's the exact same specs as the other shirt, but there is a small bit of sizing variance depending on the weight of the fabric. As this is slightly thicker than the SF collab flannel, I could see how it would be tight if you're close to the border of Med and Large.

Still working on getting more, but you can absolutely return the shirt for a refund. I PM'd you some other options too.

Cheers,
Mike

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally coming from left field here, but would you ever consider doing a tweedy flannel shirt with a pattern like the one on this tie:
Picture2-3.jpg
EDIT: Here's a WWM shirt with a similar pattern:
1163_back.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads