Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I'm lovin' the oxfords, I think I might have to just snag one or two. Good work...

2. APK

APK Senior member

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for collar buttons on OCBD? The shirts look amazing and I might end up with the salt/pepper number if stock holds up, but the buttons on the collar are usually a drawback for me.

3. breakz

breakz Senior member

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for collar buttons on OCBD? The shirts look amazing and I might end up with the salt/pepper number if stock holds up, but the buttons on the collar are usually a drawback for me.

I might be wrong on this, but aren't the collar buttons what make a OCBD a...OCBD? Or are you referring to a detail I missed?

4. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

You are correct, breakz. The collar buttons make it a button-down shirt. APK, you must not like OCBDs, period. Neg rep. [​IMG] Question -- anyone a 37" or 38" chest? Do you take small or medium?

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Do you mean a hidden button-down collar? I like those a lot, and I'm considering that detail for an upcoming oxford program.

I've got a good line on Japanese fabric, and I think that we can launch a phenomenal oxford collection right after the holidays. I'm conscious that brands like Gitman make a very good product already, so I'm working on some subtle details to differentiate our shirts. If anyone has suggestions - like hidden button downs - I'd love to hear them.

Question -- anyone a 37" or 38" chest? Do you take small or medium?

If you can take a 37, then I'd go for the Small as long as your shoulder measurements are good. Unless they have really broad shoulders, most of my customers can size down to a Small if the feel in-between.

6. breakz

breakz Senior member

You are correct, breakz. The collar buttons make it a button-down shirt. APK, you must not like OCBDs, period. Neg rep. [​IMG] Question -- anyone a 37" or 38" chest? Do you take small or medium?
    Thanks for the confirm...

7. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

If anyone has suggestions - like hidden button downs - I'd love to hear them.

I really like the idea of hidden buttons. What about contrast stitching on the button holes?

8. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Tweed Sportcoat!!!

9. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I've got a good line on Japanese fabric, and I think that we can launch a phenomenal oxford collection right after the holidays. I'm conscious that brands like Gitman make a very good product already, so I'm working on some subtle details to differentiate our shirts. If anyone has suggestions - like hidden button downs - I'd love to hear them.
    Four collar buttons, two to a side? Shirring + box pleat? Grommet holes in the armpits for venting? Elbow patches? Western back yoke? OCBD with snaps? Velvet-lined collar? lol wtf :p

10. Epaulet

Tweed Sportcoat!!!

3 weeks brah. Got all the final fittings yesterday. And I'll have some hot-ass swatches to post later on today.

11. Epaulet

Tweed Sportcoat!!!

3 weeks brah. Got all the final fittings yesterday. And I'll have some hot-ass swatches to post later on today.

12. djh

djh Senior member

Does the new burgundy oxford have a chest pocket too? I assume you just used the previous template (for when it didn't have a chest pocket?)

13. cr1234

cr1234 Senior member

Wearing my oxblood cord today, it's fantastic. You guys did a wonderful job on this.

14. Epaulet

Does the new burgundy oxford have a chest pocket too? I assume you just used the previous template (for when it didn't have a chest pocket?)

Ah, good call! YES, it does have a chest pocket now. It's the exact same shape as the other two pinpoint oxfords.

Man, I thought that I was getting away with shooting one less item. Thanks for calling that out.

Cheers,
    Mike

15. Epaulet

Wearing my oxblood cord today, it's fantastic. You guys did a wonderful job on this.

Thanks man! We'd love to see a fit pic if you have a minute.