Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I'm lovin' the oxfords, I think I might have to just snag one or two. Good work...

2. APK

APK Senior member

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for collar buttons on OCBD? The shirts look amazing and I might end up with the salt/pepper number if stock holds up, but the buttons on the collar are usually a drawback for me.

3. breakz

breakz Senior member

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for collar buttons on OCBD? The shirts look amazing and I might end up with the salt/pepper number if stock holds up, but the buttons on the collar are usually a drawback for me.

I might be wrong on this, but aren't the collar buttons what make a OCBD a...OCBD? Or are you referring to a detail I missed?

4. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

You are correct, breakz. The collar buttons make it a button-down shirt. APK, you must not like OCBDs, period. Neg rep. [​IMG] Question -- anyone a 37" or 38" chest? Do you take small or medium?

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Do you mean a hidden button-down collar? I like those a lot, and I'm considering that detail for an upcoming oxford program.

I've got a good line on Japanese fabric, and I think that we can launch a phenomenal oxford collection right after the holidays. I'm conscious that brands like Gitman make a very good product already, so I'm working on some subtle details to differentiate our shirts. If anyone has suggestions - like hidden button downs - I'd love to hear them.

Question -- anyone a 37" or 38" chest? Do you take small or medium?

If you can take a 37, then I'd go for the Small as long as your shoulder measurements are good. Unless they have really broad shoulders, most of my customers can size down to a Small if the feel in-between.

6. breakz

breakz Senior member

You are correct, breakz. The collar buttons make it a button-down shirt. APK, you must not like OCBDs, period. Neg rep. [​IMG] Question -- anyone a 37" or 38" chest? Do you take small or medium?
    Thanks for the confirm...

7. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

If anyone has suggestions - like hidden button downs - I'd love to hear them.

I really like the idea of hidden buttons. What about contrast stitching on the button holes?

8. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Tweed Sportcoat!!!

9. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I've got a good line on Japanese fabric, and I think that we can launch a phenomenal oxford collection right after the holidays. I'm conscious that brands like Gitman make a very good product already, so I'm working on some subtle details to differentiate our shirts. If anyone has suggestions - like hidden button downs - I'd love to hear them.
    Four collar buttons, two to a side? Shirring + box pleat? Grommet holes in the armpits for venting? Elbow patches? Western back yoke? OCBD with snaps? Velvet-lined collar? lol wtf :p

10. Epaulet

Tweed Sportcoat!!!

3 weeks brah. Got all the final fittings yesterday. And I'll have some hot-ass swatches to post later on today.

11. Epaulet

Tweed Sportcoat!!!

3 weeks brah. Got all the final fittings yesterday. And I'll have some hot-ass swatches to post later on today.

12. djh

djh Senior member

Does the new burgundy oxford have a chest pocket too? I assume you just used the previous template (for when it didn't have a chest pocket?)

13. cr1234

cr1234 Senior member

Wearing my oxblood cord today, it's fantastic. You guys did a wonderful job on this.

14. Epaulet

Does the new burgundy oxford have a chest pocket too? I assume you just used the previous template (for when it didn't have a chest pocket?)

Ah, good call! YES, it does have a chest pocket now. It's the exact same shape as the other two pinpoint oxfords.

Man, I thought that I was getting away with shooting one less item. Thanks for calling that out.

Cheers,
    Mike

15. Epaulet

Wearing my oxblood cord today, it's fantastic. You guys did a wonderful job on this.

Thanks man! We'd love to see a fit pic if you have a minute.