• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyway, arguing with Japano-philes is like argueing with people who play WoW 60 hours a week. You don't get anywere, ever.

However, hopefully, you might quiet down about how bad non-japanese brands are and all the bizzare semi-conspiratoial leanings you have towards people who don't full on like japan mid-market-only-available-via-Sharpservice-outside-Tokyo joints.

Realtalk RP:

Common Projects DB in Warm Grey Suede

Common Projects DB in Dark Grey Suede

Margiela Two Button Notched Lapel Coat in Charcoal Wool Twill

Dries van Noten Charcoal Diamond Printed Patterned Wool Cardigan

Strategic Business Unit Charcoal Nylon Windbreaker

Up Next for the Koppin' Block:

TOJ Bomber Grey Suede

TOJ Fishtail Navy

Alot of Schneider

Benchmade English Shoes

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
why are common projects sneakers so expensive?
Nice leather, lining, footbed, good construction, minimalist designs.

Binker

Reaction score
And they are the most thoroughly derivative shoe imaginable. Diesel/MMM are obviously concerned some may perceive them as such so they attach a silly "Replica" label as if that somehow places the shoes in an entirely different class and thus exonerates them.

Oh, obviously. This is spot on. Margiela (or as you put it with the devastating incisiveness we've all come to expect, "Diesel/Margiela," because the majority owner has taken quite an intrusive, hands on approach in regards to creative direction and decision-making ever since they bought the company in 2002) was famously very concerned that consumers would find his work derivative, as is apparent to anyone with even the most cursory knowledge of his house's history or the conceptual underpinnings of his work.

mreggen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
There are many Japanese brands doing far more interesting stuff than MMM currently is. And at the mid range price levels, Japanese brands tend to offer better quality than their European counterparts.

Could you post some examples for the uninitiated?

Binker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
It is also interesting how all the MMM mass popularity hit shortly after Diesel took over. I doubt this is a coincidence.
Indeed, indeed. I'd love to hear you expand more on this. Your recollection and analysis of the sudden fervor surrounding the SS03 collection I'm sure would be absolutely fascinating.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Damn, y'all are both Philly-area? Glad to know I'm not alone in the world.
smile.gif

Anywhere decent to shop around here? The only place I know of is Sugarcube. Oh, and that Art in the Age of Something-or-Other place has/had some SNS Herning, someone said. Never been there, though.

It's where I grew up but I don't live there anymore. Still get up there often though, friends live in Fairmount and Conshy.

Art in the Age is OK. It's a little too well put together. I wrote em up awhile back. They have Yuketen, SNS, V::room. The liquor is good!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
painted GATs and silent sneaks both suck
He has spoken.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

honestly, just stfu no ones ever gonna see things eye to eye.

/im getting too old for this ****

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude I literally copped after you went out last night from my iPhone while playing dead space, even sent paypal over the phone. Swag.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Haha the backlash is just funny considering where we started (nothing but praise for GATs and painted GATs when Snake first posted his), the pendulum swings. I don't really care, I've always liked them in that colourway (couldn't get behind red or blue or whatever). They seem like they'll be really easy to wear with indigo or black jeans, treated / coated or not and that's all I got and all I really want to wear this summer. Currently in Lanvins, Spurrs, W+H tee and TOJ, easiest uniform to sub stuff in and out of ever and easiest **** to wear and just not care about.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yah, but nobody liked them when Justin/socal bought them a few years ago. His look really good beat to death.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Haha the backlash is just funny considering where we started (nothing but praise for GATs and painted GATs when Snake first posted his), the pendulum swings. I don't really care, I've always liked them in that colourway (couldn't get behind red or blue or whatever). They seem like they'll be really easy to wear with indigo or black jeans, treated / coated or not and that's all I got and all I really want to wear this summer. Currently in Lanvins, Spurrs, W+H tee and TOJ, easiest uniform to sub stuff in and out of ever and easiest **** to wear and just not care about.

I just wear my MMMs when I don't give a **** lol

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member