Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Reppin the R5 line

No shiz. Same here my man whenever I venture into the ci-tay. Nice, maybe I'll catch you around one of these days.

Damn, y'all are both Philly-area? Glad to know I'm not alone in the world. [​IMG]

Anywhere decent to shop around here? The only place I know of is Sugarcube. Oh, and that Art in the Age of Something-or-Other place has/had some SNS Herning, someone said. Never been there, though.

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Good question about my size. I picked up a pair of lanvins today (size 10) guy told me they should feel a little tight around the toe box, and they are, so hope they loosen up a little. I've never had a pair of mmms but typically wear 44/11.

What size are your lanvins?

I'm Lanvin size 10. As I type I am wearing size 10's in the new sole (see first pic posted in this thread), size 9's would definitely be too small but size 10 is a bit loose in the heel. Size 10 old sole captoes fit good in the heel but are a little tight in the toe box. Lanvin hi's are a little looser. If the ones you got today are old soles your feet are the same size as mine, if you're talking new soles your feet are a little bigger than mine.

3. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

I'm Lanvin size 10. As I type I am wearing size 10's in the new sole (see first pic posted in this thread), size 9's would definitely be too small but size 10 is a bit loose in the heel. Size 10 old sole captoes fit good in the heel but are a little tight in the toe box. Lanvin hi's are a little looser. If the ones you got today are old soles your feet are the same size as mine, if you're talking new soles your feet are a little bigger than mine.

The ones I got today are brand new (the standard looking black w black patent toe low top)

Thanks for the feedback. The only thing now is given my foot is a tad bigger than yours do I go with a 45 in the mmm gat instead of a 44? I actually like my sneakers to fit a little loose, fwiw.

[​IMG]

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Are they new sole though? This is what the new sole looks like: [​IMG] And this is what the old sole looks like. [​IMG] If it's the first one I would go with the 45 if I were you given that I just got 45s and apparently you have bigger feet. That being said I won't know for sure if I was right until they get here obviously.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

ar6 is a mad robokopping machine!

6. aether

aether Senior member

painted GATs MUST DIE. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE FUCKING DIE

7. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

hate saying I agree with KM.

8. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

I wish I could find some camp caps in plain unwaxed canvas... If anyone has any leads, lmk.

try norse projects their caps are very plain

9. BB1

BB1 Senior member

painted GATs MUST DIE. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE FUCKING DIE

All GATs must die.

10. Razele

Razele Senior member

All GATs must die.
    And be replaced with socially off-putting derivative goth ninja joints?

11. BB1

BB1 Senior member

And be replaced with socially off-putting derivative goth ninja joints?

I actually bought some painted GATs and sent them back the very next day. Nothing that I have bought from any Japanese label was as socially off-putting as those things.

And they are the most thoroughly derivative shoe imaginable. Diesel/MMM are obviously concerned some may perceive them as such so they attach a silly "Replica" label as if that somehow places the shoes in an entirely different class and thus exonerates them.

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

I actually bought some painted GATs and sent them back the very next day. Nothing that I have bought from any Japanese label was as socially off-putting as those things.

And they are the most thoroughly derivative shoe imaginable. Diesel/MMM are obviously concerned some may perceive them as such so they attach a silly "Replica" labelas if that somehow places the shoes in an entirely different class and thus exonerates them.

lol, you gotta read up before you can dish out man [​IMG]

You can make fun of pretty much anything that people want to wear, doesn't make sense to me to do it when your all about Japanese brands that are completely derivative by nature and by intent.

13. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I've got my laces in. They are by far the most comfortable sneakers I've ever had. Blow CPs out of the water comfort wise.

So true. CPs are not very comfortable, but GATs are quite comfy.

I am still surprised at how comfortable Augusta derby's are though. I'm increasingly loving the feel of unlined, hard bottom shoes. There's something so solid and honest about the feel. After switching to sneakers after wearing such shoes, I feel like my foot has been encased in unnatural layers of foam and plastic.

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

lol, you gotta read up before you can dish out man [​IMG] You can make fun of pretty much anything that people want to wear, doesn't make sense to me to do it when your all about Japanese brands that are completely derivative by nature and by intent.
    Are you denying that Diesel is the majority owner of MMM? Do you honestly believe the majority owner doesn't direct what goes on at the company in any manner? Do you honestly believe they don't decide whom is in charge of Margiela? Diesel has even launched a Margiela house wear collection! The label has about as much cachet these days as Ralph Lauren (whom btw even sells paint under his label). There can be no doubt that MMM is a mere shadow of its former self. It is also interesting how all the MMM mass popularity hit shortly after Diesel took over. I doubt this is a coincidence. But go ahead and continue to believe that the company releasing GATs in every colorway imaginable is truly some elite euro brand. There are many Japanese brands doing far more interesting stuff than MMM currently is. And at the mid range price levels, Japanese brands tend to offer better quality than their European counterparts. Your comments seem very Euro-centric.

15. Razele

Razele Senior member

I didn't deny any of those things, but the 'replica' stuff has been around for awhile. You should probably read about it. Deconstructing and reworking garments is a big part of the artisanal line and that flows through to the others, obviously. Fuuma says the same guy doing men's at MMM is still doing it. Either way, I don't really kop any of the new stuff. It's not what it used to be. However, even as a glimmer of what it was, there is more original creativity in a single collection then most of those derivative brands. Someone post Julius Rick looking ish please [​IMG] Were is the brand cachet in that? BB1 do you watch dubbed anime and collect Gundam Wing figurines? You sound japano-centric.