• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thatguymj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Why?

Also, does anyone wear these things with the laces in? Assuming they actually come with laces.

Not sure, but god damn you're lucky you got those! I've been looking for a size 44 in those myself, mind telling me what you paid for them? I've only seen them for retail at $465.

Enjoy them, they are the #1 shoe I want to kop right now. While, after seeing the new 2011 f/w cucinelli leather boots with blue cashmere laces, they might be #2.

happy.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on the painted MMM hate train personally, but I would just wear the normal laces as is. No need to pain errthing. If they're white, why fret?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Why? Also, does anyone wear these things with the laces in? I note the laces aren't painted. Although I could easily paint them I spose.
why BC ? because rain and paint ...... i've worn them with and without laces
Originally Posted by tonio028
I'm on the painted MMM hate train personally, but I would just wear the normal laces as is. No need to pain errthing. If they're white, why fret?
i don't think they would work in what i've seen of your wardrobe. in a certain context they're interesting.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't have sold mine, feel left out now.
frown.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i don't think they would work in what i've seen of your wardrobe. in a certain context they're interesting.
Oh yeah, they would look out of place in my wardrobe for sure. I can definitely get behind and appreciate things that I personally wouldn't wear, but the painted MMMs, I just can't wrap my head around I guess. Just think they look bad IMO, like the painted J. Crew sweater thing. No hate for those that like it though, just not my thing I guess. I haven't seen too many fit pics (WAYWT style, not just shoe level shots) though, maybe my opinion would change.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatguymj
Not sure, but god damn you're lucky you got those! I've been looking for a size 44 in those myself, mind telling me what you paid for them?
220... which is the same as what they went for when they went on sale at Barney's a few months ago. They're obtainable at a discount if you hang around. They'll make them again next year and some pairs will make it to markdowns. I have seen them new for under 200. A pair just sold on ebay for low 2's IIRC. I didn't get a huge steal but it's still a good price imo considering I'd been in the market.

Are you sure you're a 44? I was looking for 44s but just before I pulled the trigger I was persuaded to go with 45s. We'll see how they work.

Honestly Tonio these things will go well with every pair of jeans I own and I'll probably wear the **** out of them this summer in rotation with all my Lanvins, so it's a reasonably versatile purchase for me.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another tb Oxford, thank god.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Oh yeah, they would look out of place in my wardrobe for sure. I can definitely get behind and appreciate things that I personally wouldn't wear, but the painted MMMs, I just can't wrap my head around I guess. Just think they look bad IMO, like the painted J. Crew sweater thing. No hate for those that like it though, just not my thing I guess. I haven't seen too many fit pics (WAYWT style, not just shoe level shots) though, maybe my opinion would change.
they're disgusting. but i like to pair them with some tapered coated denim, tee, open hoodie or light jacket. nothing some whites or even CPs couldn't do, but just a slight change-up that i like with dark bottoms (never trousers though so not as versatile, obviously)
220... which is the same as what they went for when they went on sale at Barney's a few months ago. They're obtainable at a discount if you hang around. They'll make them again next year and some pairs will make it to markdowns. I have seen them new for under 200. A pair just sold on ebay for low 2's IIRC. I didn't get a huge steal but it's still a good price imo considering I'd been in the market. Are you sure you're a 44? I was looking for 44s but just before I pulled the trigger I was persuaded to go with 45s. We'll see how they work. Honestly Tonio these things will go well with every pair of jeans I own and I'll probably wear the **** out of them this summer in rotation with all my Lanvins, so it's a reasonably versatile purchase for me.
got my first gats for 170ish so they can be had for cheap (what? i mean relatively...)

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Another tb Oxford, thank god.

You are a TB oxford kop machine.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should be so lucky, only have 2 to my name. Though, by early fall I'll be up to 5, just wait and see ahaha.

thatguymj

Reaction score
220... which is the same as what they went for when they went on sale at Barney's a few months ago. They're obtainable at a discount if you hang around. They'll make them again next year and some pairs will make it to markdowns. I have seen them new for under 200. A pair just sold on ebay for low 2's IIRC. I didn't get a huge steal but it's still a good price imo considering I'd been in the market.

Are you sure you're a 44? I was looking for 44s but just before I pulled the trigger I was persuaded to go with 45s. We'll see how they work.

Honestly Tonio these things will go well with every pair of jeans I own and I'll probably wear the **** out of them this summer in rotation with all my Lanvins, so it's a reasonably versatile purchase for me.

Good question about my size. I picked up a pair of lanvins today (size 10) guy told me they should feel a little tight around the toe box, and they are, so hope they loosen up a little. I've never had a pair of mmms but typically wear 44/11.

What size are your lanvins?

I'll def be lurking the b&s section here and at sufu till I find them, though I've been waiting 5 days to get my sufu account approved.
ffffuuuu.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why?

Also, does anyone wear these things with the laces in? I note the laces aren't painted. Although I could easily paint them I spose.

I've got my laces in. They are by far the most comfortable sneakers I've ever had. Blow CPs out of the water comfort wise.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I should be so lucky, only have 2 to my name. Though, by early fall I'll be up to 5, just wait and see ahaha.

Oh oops, could have swore you owned more. I own one that I got for cheap off the B&S and love the fit. Of course I wear them tucked in for work given the length, plus I don't get down with the tag danglin' all up in people's grill.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the tag, and yeah I wish I had more, literally the perfect shirt for me after a 1.5 inch hem. And yeah, only 1 shirt, I just ******* live in it ahahah.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics